Are you a single's guy or an album's man ?
Mar 24, 2004 at 10:39 AM Post #31 of 54
albums all the way.. have about ten singles and 400+ albums .. even compilation cds I tend to avoid (except record label samplers).. songs should be listened to in the right context and mood of the rest of the album
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2004 at 6:37 AM Post #35 of 54
Albums, unquestionably. It doesn't matter how much I like a single -- if the rest of the album is crap, it's back on the chopping block.

Mar 26, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #36 of 54
without singles, where would you get all the great b-side material from radiohead and pearl jam, hell it took them how long to release yellow ledbetter (one of the most beautiful songs of all time imo) and it took a two cd comp to get that, unless you bought the jeremy single from their first album.

Mar 27, 2004 at 1:23 AM Post #39 of 54
I used to be a singles kinda guy but now I'm all about albums. If I want singles now, I look for greatest hits or other compilations

Jan 12, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #40 of 54
After starting to grow my CD collection I've found that a flash player with mixed, favorite singles actually gets stale to my ears faster than a good album. I can listen exclusively to the same album once or twice a day for a few weeks straight.

Jan 12, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #42 of 54
Albums mostly, though I like a good playlist now and then. I also often like one side or another of vinyl more than the other or at least swap out albums after a side due to sitting there and flipping through the racks while I'm listening....oooh, I haven't heard this for awhile, etc...
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #43 of 54
depends on the artist - certain albums really deserve a long full runthrough - others are just individual gems that mesh well with other singles or like minded tunes on a playlist.

since the days of making compilations on cassette, i've believed in the playlist. yeah i played some longform albums on the radio in my college DJ days, but usually i reserve such things for long study or driving times when they get the time (if not the attention) that they deserve.

Jan 12, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #44 of 54
Albums all the way. To me skipping tracks is like skipping a chapter of a book - which I also would never do. If you only listen to a few select songs on an album, you aren't getting the full 'story' the artist was trying to tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back