are you a silver guy or a copper guy? and why?
Apr 17, 2007 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
For those of you who prefer copper over silver, or vice versa, what is it that you prefer?

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 26
I'm bi. I like to have silver riding on top of copper guy.

Silver plated copper gives the best of both worlds. Bass is great from the copper, and detail is great from the silver plating. It also makes everything sound more distinct.

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 26
001.png

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 26
Copper. I've always preferred it to silver in my rig.

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 26
An alloy of some kind will be needed to "cover all bases." I'm fond of alloys containing Palladium (and/or Platinum) mixed with copper and silver.

Since these tend to be pretty expensive, I stick with pure silver as a second-best type of choice.

If the system dictates that a bit 'extra' warmth or glow would be helpful, all-copper continuous cast stuff is my choice.

The silver-plated copper is my least favorite, but "silver-clad" copper that Nordost uses is pretty decent
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's not forget gold, though. Not neutral enough alone, it can do some magic when mixed with proper amount of silver somewhere... (a la Siltech)

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 26
Solid core silver and copper for me. In my new speaker cables I am running 4 strands of 18g FIM CCC copper and 10 strands of 24g silver and evenly divide them between + and - . I think the results are pretty good.

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #11 of 26
I use single strand copper for all of my ICs and speaker cable, but my amp is wired internally with solid silver wire. The chassis of both of my amps are made from solid electrical grade copper. So I think I am a decidedly copper person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back