Are you a proud audiophile?
Feb 4, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #47 of 55
I was, until I read the publications catering to the audiophile market. Now I'm satisfied with being merely a fan of music.

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #48 of 55
I agree about the not spending bit. It is somewhat costly to attain reasonable gear, but doesn't have to ruin you financially. As a point, all my home hear has been picked up second hand mostly on A-gon. Therefore I've invested less than half what it retailed for. It's not the highest end stuff, but gets the job done nicely to enjoy music.

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #49 of 55
I'm just a 16 year old kid so I can't tell....So far all I know is that I'm passionate about this hobby (sometimes more than my schoolwork...which is bad)...And I'm still looking for the sound that is right for me....and my music
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by tr4visphu0ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just a 16 year old kid so I can't tell....So far all I know is that I'm passionate about this hobby (sometimes more than my schoolwork...which is bad)...And I'm still looking for the sound that is right for me....and my music
biggrin.gif

That's totally cool.. My start in the hobby wasn't too much older than you.. 17 I think (not even gonna tell you how old I am now, but perhaps my gear then will date me), when I got a pair of Boston Acoustics A70's for an early graduation present. I filled the rest in with my savings, an NAD 7250 receiver, and a single tray Magnavox high end CD player (made by Philips then). I was happy as a stuck pig for years. The setup went with me to college, and even back home once I got into my first job. You're getting into a fun hobby, but it can be somewhat costly.

Good listening....

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #52 of 55
I'm 17, so half of my friends think I'm absolutely insane. Well they pretty much all do, some of them just have come to accept that fact though. I don't ever even mention it to people who aren't close friends though, because they would just think I am either snobbish, creepy, or I have more money than brains. I stick to saying I love music and will occasionally mention HiFi. The best is when a friend picked up my HF2s and said "Man, these things are like..... heavy duty!"
duggehsmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back