1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Are We In 1996?

Next

Last
  1. cconnaker
  2. DanT
  3. xnothingpoetic
    I payed $30 for 1GB last year. You could get 4GB for the same price these days.

But I am confused how 256mb can cost 13x that of a 4gb drive?

4. ken36 Contributor
    No, we are not in 1996, but you know that.

5. Honken
    Why it's so expensive? It's branded Cisco... Go figure.

6. The Pieman
    Cisco = $$$$$$$$$$$

7. Seaside
    No, not us. they live in 1996. [​IMG]

8. ueyteuor
    it cost so much because that thing will last forever!! you will never have to buy a memory stick again!

9. wes.coleman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I payed $30 for 1GB last year. You could get 4GB for the same price these days.

But I am confused how 256mb can cost 13x that of a 4gb drive?

It comes with 35 shares of Cisco Systems preferred stock...or at least it better.

10. DanT
    Joke aside, I believe that a kind of encrypted key. No idea what the difference between a normal usb key and the usb etoken but here a description from the company
    USB eToken and USB Flash Features Support [Cisco Universal Serial Bus (USB) Cards] - Cisco Systems
    Quote:

The USB eToken feature enables device authentication and simplifies the deployment and secure configuration of Cisco routers. It uses smart card technology in a USB form factor to facilitate the authentication and configuration process. The token provides secure access to the router-the token and a PIN are necessary to access the configuration, keys, and credentials. The token can also be used to securely provide the configuration to the router, because the configuration can be encrypted on the token.

11. Duggeh
    I really don't want to be 11 again. It was bad enough the first time round. Maybe this time I wont get bullied so much.

12. Redo
    It's not your typical flash drive. It's meant to be integrated with Cisco networking equipment.

13. krmathis Contributor
    No, we are certainly not in 1996.
    You would not find 256MB USB thumb drives those days anyway....

14. Spareribs
    We could be in any year. Time is relative.

If you look at the metal guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen, he still dresses and wears his big hair like it’s 1985.

Find your favorite decade and it will always be alive within you.

15. Redcarmoose
    28B937BD-A14C-46D6-9A90-CD3D926F0302.png

Next

Last