are we addicts?
Sep 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #31 of 43
I spend a lot of time on head-fi at work, less at home, it makes the day go by faster and relaxes me
biggrin.gif
Addicted, no, but it's a nice hobby.
o2smile.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spend a lot of time on head-fi at work, less at home, it makes the day go by faster and relaxes me
biggrin.gif
Addicted, no, but it's a nice hobby.
o2smile.gif

x2

Oct 1, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #35 of 43
All of this is only for the music, for me at least. When I hear a song that's incredibly beautiful, all I want is to hear that song in it's most perfect incarnation.

Most of you spend more than 2 hours a day discussing headphones? How?
confused.gif

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #38 of 43
Addicted to headphones?  Not so much.  After more than 10 years after getting my Grado SR-60s, I have yet to purchase a pair of headphones over $100.00.  Still no dedicated headphone amp either.  I need help. 

However, I'm completely obsessed about collecting vintage CDs.  Just came in the mail: Beethoven Symphony No.5 on Japan CBS/Sony CD (catalog number 38DC 1).  This CD was from 1982 and was the very first classical CD ever released to consumers.  This collection is costing me thousands of dollars each year, but I deny I have an, ahem, addiction.  Obsession?  Yes. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #39 of 43
Too be honest I'm addicted to MUSIC, and My Headphone System is how I enjoy my love and "Yes Need" for music.. I'll take my main dedicated 2 channel room that houses my lifetime collections  of  Vinyl Records, Cd's and of course the Equipment that reproduces the "musical Fix" I have needed for most of my life......  If I could give you younger guys my best advice would be Try To Keep Most, if not all Of Your Recorded music, whatever your preference is, be it Vinyl, Cd's, Computer Downloads and even Music DVDs... This will be your most valuable part of your "Addiction" in the future, if Music and equipment really does become a life long hobby and Love!!!!   "YES OUR ADDITION"  The love and need to hear all the musical memories that you kept, That will bring back periods of your life........JMO

Dec 11, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #40 of 43

Quote:
Too be honest I'm addicted to MUSIC, and My Headphone System is how I enjoy my love and "Yes Need" for music.. I'll take my main dedicated 2 channel room that houses my lifetime collections  of  Vinyl Records, Cd's and of course the Equipment that reproduces the "musical Fix" I have needed for most of my life......  If I could give you younger guys my best advice would be Try To Keep Most, if not all Of Your Recorded music, whatever your preference is, be it Vinyl, Cd's, Computer Downloads and even Music DVDs... This will be your most valuable part of your "Addiction" in the future, if Music and equipment really does become a life long hobby and Love!!!!   "YES OUR ADDITION"  The love and need to hear all the musical memories that you kept, That will bring back periods of your life........JMO

Nothing is more worse than selling vinyl. You might never found the same ones again if you someday might want hear them. I personally have never sold any records that I have bought.

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #43 of 43
i did a nice drugs&alcohol combo for about 10 years... man, that was FUN (for the most part).

haven't touched anything in the last 14 months, so i started wondering if maybe i had transfered
my addiction to head-fi. maybe i did, but it sure does bring me joy reading about it, listening to it,
trying things out, etc. 

also, after i blew a couple of hundred bucks in a night on chemicals, i would wake up with nothing
to show for it except a hangover.... 

....but NOW, even though i'm STARVING because i don't have enough money left over for food,
i can look fondly at my WOO AUDIO AMP and say: "IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG.... i don't wanna be right!" xxooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back