Are Ultrasone 750 Proline and 2008 Pro the same?
Apr 4, 2008 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dr dougie

100+ Head-Fier
I see the 750 Pro got a new look with metal backs which is good because the plastic-y looking ones are kind of ugly!

I'm thinking about getting the new model to complement my Beyers but have only heard the older one. Are these the same headphones otherwise with same sound?

Sorry if it's been covered but scoured the forums and couldn't find anything.

Amazon link to 750 Proline

Amazon link to 2008 750 Pro

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 12
Had them, hated them, got rid of them.

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexpea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had them, hated them, got rid of them.

Hmmm, interesting take on the question asked
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #5 of 12
Thanks and I'm looking for something to complement my Beyers, something with a an airy top end for classical music and such. I thought the Ultrasones might be a good alternative but I'll probably keep looking.

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr dougie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks and I'm looking for something to complement my Beyers, something with a an airy top end for classical music and such. I thought the Ultrasones might be a good alternative but I'll probably keep looking.

Ya, keep looking. If you need closed, the market is small, but if you can work with open you can even stay within Beyer market...

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #7 of 12
Well, let me be the opposite of comments here, I love them
tongue.gif

But I guess you'll have to try them as the comments are of various kinds, mostly like in hate them or love them.

Apr 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #9 of 12
The earpads are a touch thicker too, so they seal a little better and are more comfortable. Other than that its purely cosmetic. And you get a case with the new ones.

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

DT880 top end is not airy enough for you? And I am second on "keep looking" advise.

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #11 of 12
I have the 2005 DT880. I wouldn't call it "airy" at all personally, more like neutral. I really do like them for everything but wouldn't mind something more spacious for classical.

I remembered the Ultrasone 750 Prolines I heard as being kind of bright but it was a year ago. I didn't love the AKG 701's so thought maybe the Ultrasones could be my classical alternatives but I guess not!

Any other ideas?

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

I have the 2005 DT880. I wouldn't call it "airy" at all personally, more like neutral. I really do like them for everything but wouldn't mind something more spacious for classical.

I remembered the Ultrasone 750 Prolines I heard as being kind of bright but it was a year ago. I didn't love the AKG 701's so thought maybe the Ultrasones could be my classical alternatives but I guess not!

Any other ideas?

Airy equals spacious, neutral means free of coloration. They describe different characteristics of the phones, one does not substitute another.
DT880 has plenty of air. If that's not enough, may be W5000. Not sure what exactly you are looking for though. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/des...ossary-220770/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back