Are Ultimate Ear IEM's worth the money?
Aug 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wildcatman

New Head-Fier
I am trying to get some input from Ultimate Ear owners.  Are they worth the money?
I have no doubt that the sound is pretty good.  Most people tend to agree on that.
I am looking at the UE 700 and the Triple Fi 10.  My question is about the build of the IEM's.  Will they hold up over time?  From what I have read the quality of the UE product really went down after Logitech took over the company.
I really hate to invest my money in something that wont hold up.
Thanks for your time.
Earl

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 7
I have heard neither IEM you listed there, but own the MetroFi 170vis, SuperFi 4s, and 500vis.  The MetroFi has the best build of the bunch, but only by a hair on the SuperFi 4.  You can expect the TripleFi to have similar (if not better) build quality.  The 500vis have a weak feeling cable though.  I wouldn't buy the 500s solely for build, it really isn't that great (kinda' more scary than good).  The sound is actually really nice and inoffensive. 

I've heard the TripleFis have a V-shaped signature while the 700s are more bright with weaker bass.  Don't quote me on that though.

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 7
you can grab the TF10 for 100 dollars in Black Friday on Amazon

Just a heads up since they been having this sale for the past 2 years or so i have heard

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
you can grab the TF10 for 100 dollars in Black Friday on Amazon

Just a heads up since they been having this sale for the past 2 years or so i have heard

Sigh... and I miss it ever year!!! Argh!! lol. I'll be sure to keep an eye on them like a hawk this year!

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 7
I have the triple fi, and so far I can say it's still going strong. It definitely won't be giving way as long as you keep it back in the case after use. The replacement cables are a big plus too, but be prepared to fork out more money on a better cable, since the stock cable is pretty bad.

But on the bright side, the change in cables will improve sound too!

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 7
If you like their sound signature, I think the TF10s are a good deal at $200... and a no brainer at $100 (or even $150).  I swapped the stock cable for the Westone ES cable.  So now I have almost no excuse not to listen to them- besides the fact that I like different sounds so I bounce between IEMs. 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 7
I just checked the Westone cables and they are 50 dollar shipped to my state.
Gah

how come nobody told me about the Wes cables since i had to buy the stock cables because mine broke a few months ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back