Are those people delusional or have low standards?
Oct 4, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #17 of 31
No. It will not make it a lot better. You are listening to the wrong people. If it’s defective, send it back.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #18 of 31
No. It will not make it a lot better. You are listening to the wrong people. If it’s defective, send it back.
I realized I can't send it back because of pandemic, where I live. How can I know if it is defective or just headphones are bad?
Also, is there anything like burn-in or it is also pseudoscience? I remember I didn't quite like the px100 at first try then I grow to like it.

Oct 4, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #19 of 31
People have many different aspects that make them happy with headphones or IEMs. It’s the same as some people who love listening to clock radios; they are just getting into the music.

Also to fully understand correct sound reproduction is a learned skill. People with loud Rap car stereo or heavy bass EDM with IEMs are focused on a single element and due to the electronic genres much of the time not having any known instruments........then there is zero tone to reference. Think of it like electronic instruments being virtually (made up sounds) and sound as they are from the electronic world where their sounds can be infinite. Real wood instruments or orchestra works have a characteristic timbre and tone which can be learned. Some don’t care about that aspect of listening so they like more styles of “enhancements in reproduction” like heavy bass, or muffled treble.

I have got sickness before from bass frequency yet it was not a robust headphone that was that that capable? So I tend to think it is a frequency thing and may vary from person to person. I was doing a bass mod which while the modded bass was as not strong it was low and not the way the headphone was designed to respond.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #20 of 31
I would just get an apple type-c to3.5mm cable as amp. So it is cheap. In this thread he says it is not that good without amp but with amp it gets a lot better. A lot better than ksc75, and I was liking my px100 that is like ksc 75. Such a thing possible?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/philips-shp1900.248738/
Which headphone would you recommend around this price range? Superlux headphones get good reviews but will they be significantly better?
I have no idea for a set in the under £20 price range. It does look like Sennheiser has sets in the under £40 range, and I've been happy with all the Sennheiser brand phones I've owned. I'm sure there are others out there though, which is why I suggest this question might get a better response in one of the headphone forums. You will need to make clear what your budget is.
Before you do anything else, I think you should resolve the ear issues. Clearing those might clear the issues your having with the headphones.

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #21 of 31
I realized I can't send it back because of pandemic, where I live. How can I know if it is defective or just headphones are bad?
Also, is there anything like burn-in or it is also pseudoscience? I remember I didn't quite like the px100 at first try then I grow to like it.

Then you're stuck. You can try to get used to it I guess. I would chalk it up as a loss myself. Next time, order from a place you can easily return to like Amazon. You shouldn't buy headphones if you can't listen to them and decide if you like them or not.

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #22 of 31
Then you're stuck. You can try to get used to it I guess. I would chalk it up as a loss myself. Next time, order from a place you can easily return to like Amazon. You shouldn't buy headphones if you can't listen to them and decide if you like them or not.
Yeah, I got it for 10$ so not that important, I can use them to compare my next headphones. After using a bit more I realized vocals are good in some songs but not in others how can this be? Maybe this headphones are good but the resoure is bad, so I hear the bad parts of the recording? I only listened to youtube.
Also, will there be a certain difference between closed back headphones and open backs? px100 was open back maybe I expect this from a closed hp and don't like because of that? I used to listen to 3d videos with px100 and it was like the person is around me but with this there is some space there but not like the person is there actually. So it kills the mood. Maybe I should buy only open backs? I can get a superlux hd668 or samson sr850 would that be comparable to px100 on true to life sound or I should buy a small open back on ear like koss portapro etc.? There is no px100 anymore, I wish I could change the jack of my px100 but don't think I can do it myself.

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #23 of 31
I have no idea for a set in the under £20 price range. It does look like Sennheiser has sets in the under £40 range, and I've been happy with all the Sennheiser brand phones I've owned. I'm sure there are others out there though, which is why I suggest this question might get a better response in one of the headphone forums. You will need to make clear what your budget is.
Before you do anything else, I think you should resolve the ear issues. Clearing those might clear the issues your having with the headphones.
I could get a hd206 v2 for the same price but the reviews was better for philips. There is not a single review for this model on net.

Oct 5, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #25 of 31
Don't crank up the volume. Some feel nauseated after long listening session at high volume.
May be you cranked up the volume to get proper bass out of it while testing.

Oct 5, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #26 of 31
Don't crank up the volume. Some feel nauseated after long listening session at high volume.
May be you cranked up the volume to get proper bass out of it while testing.
Actually this has more bass than I would like, can I use an equalizer? If I lower the volume then mids gets unlistanable, if I crank it up then bass gets too much. Can suggest me eq values looking at the frequency response graph? I tried auto eq but probably made some mistakes in the process it gave weird values for eq settings.
https://clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2015/05/philips-shp1900-over-ear-headphones.html

And can you listen to this

And tell me how vocals sound, there is some mechanical thing with it, some hiss, is it from the recording? And the general sound doesn't resolve well.

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #27 of 31
I don't think there is any reason to patch together $10 headphones with EQ. Just save up some money and get good headphones.

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #28 of 31
I don't think there is any reason to patch together $10 headphones with EQ. Just save up some money and get good headphones.
Right... I have another question. I will get a wireless tws. This one...
https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/4001...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
It don't expect a great sound from those but will they give me true to life sound? I used earbuds before and they were giving me the 3d feeling, like you can feel the movement of the voice in the video so it feels like the sound is around you. My px100 was also capable as well as my notebook stereo speakers, but half-in ears like this would also give me the same feeling? I realized I don't like the sound of closed back headphones and iems. Those philips headphones has only some slight depth plus left and right, no other dimension. Ever used half in-ear?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #29 of 31
And can you listen to this

And tell me how vocals sound, there is some mechanical thing with it, some hiss, is it from the recording? And the general sound doesn't resolve well.

I'm hearing reverb, but no hiss. Sound was ok, nothing weird. (Audeze LCD2c)
Are you listening on HD? I selected the 1080p setting. I have noticed a difference in sound between 1080/720p and 480p or lower.

Oct 5, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #30 of 31
I'm hearing reverb, but no hiss. Sound was ok, nothing weird. (Audeze LCD2c)
Are you listening on HD? I selected the 1080p setting. I have noticed a difference in sound between 1080/720p and 480p or lower.
Wow 800$ headphones against 10$ ones haha Yes I listen at 1080p Probably that hiss is from the headphones not recording. I hear it with other songs too, more or less. Maybe it is called sibilance? Especially the "s" sound. but also there is constant hiss under the vocal or high regions but no hissing under bass tones.

Vocals in this song comes a lot more powerful, clear and has less of the hissing I described. Guitar sounds crystal clear. But there is some feeling like cotton is filled inside the earcups. Vocal is clean but something causing this hissing and also there is this general cloudy feeling over all the song and hissing. I expect too much from a 10$ headphones it seems :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back