Are these ultrasone pro 900 fake?
Feb 15, 2015 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CannonCollector

100+ Head-Fier
Just found them on ebay... I hate buying headphones on ebay honestly but considering their price around here, this is a pretty good deal if i get the bid of course

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Headband-Headphones-new-Black-750-550-HFI-/331474718293?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Headphones_Earphones&hash=item4d2d6ece55

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 7
  yeah i know that's why I said it's a pretty good deal IF i get the bid... still sounds strange looking at the feedback and the fact that these are not the first pro 900 that he put to bidding

I think you meant to say: win the auction at the price of the current high bid.  So your statement was less than clear.

Nevertheless, people frequently list items on eBay (at least in the USA) at well below what they hope to ultimately get for the item.  The opening bid price or trajectory of the bidding tells little if anything about whether or not an item is fake.

What should tell your more is that this seller has 100% + feedback over many transactions--haven't looked with regard to how many he/she was the seller.

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 7
I haven't been in a headphone bid on ebay, but I've been in plenty of other electronic bids. A lot of people will bid very little, or just watch (I do this) until the bid is almost over to keep the price low. Usually, on highly wanted items, the bids will spike the last few minutes. I've seen the list price triple within a couple minutes. I don't know what those are actually worth, but if it's currently such a deal that you are questioning them being fake, I'm sure that will change by the time the bid is over.

Regardless, best of luck to you in getting them at a good price. That's the thrill of ebay, seeing if it works out in your favor :D

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 7
  I haven't been in a headphone bid on ebay, but I've been in plenty of other electronic bids. A lot of people will bid very little, or just watch (I do this) until the bid is almost over to keep the price low. Usually, on highly wanted items, the bids will spike the last few minutes. I've seen the list price triple within a couple minutes. I don't know what those are actually worth, but if it's currently such a deal that you are questioning them being fake, I'm sure that will change by the time the bid is over.

Regardless, best of luck to you in getting them at a good price. That's the thrill of ebay, seeing if it works out in your favor :D

Yeah I've seen them for 300-400£ (around 500$) in europe and considering the bid is still on 130 is just insane but you're probably right things will change as soon as the auction is about to be over... gotta wait and see what happens 
biggrin.gif

thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back