Are these Sennheisers fake?
Apr 13, 2009 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dum656

New Head-Fier
hey everybody,

i'm currently looking at CX300 Black High-Quality Headphone Earbuds - eBay (item 110357993200 end time Apr-29-09 19:36:32 PDT)

and at New SENNHEISER CX400 IN EAR EARBUD HEADPHONES - eBay (item 280333289674 end time Apr-22-09 18:18:09 PDT)

they both are from new york and seem pretty legit. as of right now i'm leaning towards the cx400, as i don't mind paying 10 extra bucks to get an increase in SQ. however, something about that cx400 listing seems off....is this generally the price that cx400s go for right now? thanks for the help

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both are 100% fake. Do you really expect to get an earphone for 9$ when the actuall price of those is more around 29$?? What did he do, raid a Sennheiser warehouse?

Your statment isn't terribly good. I got CX300 for ~$7 from newegg. They may be fake, but since its Newegg I seriously doubt it.

That being said, I don't trust the ebayer locations. You can easily just buy a bunch from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan and then just sell them from the US.

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 10
If newegg is similar to amazon, then they could be fake.
They could be refurbished, too.
Otherwise there's no "legit" way to sell those in quantities at those prices. It's not like some guy who never got around to open the package and just wants to get rid of'em for cheap.
They have entire stocks of this ****.

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 10
Sennheiser do not sell "refurbished" or "OEM" headphones through any of these channels. If you see a headphnoe (PX100, CX300 etc) which uses such terminology for sale, or if it is sold in an antistatic bag rather than real packing, it is fake.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 10
I've bought a pair of CX 300s for one of my friends through ebay and they turned out to be fake as the I've got another pair from a high street vendor. The construction and build quality are readily evident along with terrible sound signature. Just be careful, I am not saying everything is fake, but CX 300s are the prime targets along with PX 100s.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your statment isn't terribly good. I got CX300 for ~$7 from newegg. They may be fake, but since its Newegg I seriously doubt it.

Well that's not really fair either, since it was ~$22 before a $15 rebate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That being said, I don't trust the ebayer locations. You can easily just buy a bunch from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan and then just sell them from the US.

This is very true. Many UK sellers sell suspiciously cheap Sonys and Sennheisers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If newegg is similar to amazon, then they could be fake.

I'm pretty sure a Sennheiser rep. confirmed that Newegg is an authorized dealer. Otherwise, people like fyu and me would have never gotten the rebate.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser do not sell "refurbished" or "OEM" headphones through any of these channels. If you see a headphnoe (PX100, CX300 etc) which uses such terminology for sale, or if it is sold in an antistatic bag rather than real packing, it is fake.

x2. Stay away if you see those words used in the description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back