Are These Fake PX100s?
May 3, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 15
I've just put a post up about my findings with fake PX200's.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fak...5/#post4166067

the first thing i notice is that they are in there plastic carrying case. The PX200 my friend bought didn't have a case. This would suggest that they are o.k.

I've yet to read anything about not having the carry case. But you don't know what's inside. My advice so far is, that they are the real thing, but that's only becasue they have a carry case.

fakeheadphones.com » Blog Archive » Fake Sennheiser PX 100 Headphones. Yep, they’re Out There.

May 3, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 15
I am genuinely amazed they have 100% feedback though. Usually with say counterfeit DVD dealers you'll see at least some mutually withdrawn or negative feedback.

Then again looking through their history they've only ever sold one of the PXs, so either they don't know they're counterfeit themselves or they've purposely staked it out for a believable record ... which seems pretty unlikely as trying to jip people on a few cheap headphones would hardly be worth it ...

May 3, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #4 of 15
I've always thought headphones/audiophilia inherently countered the main point of counterfeiting, making ill-gotten gains in large amounts..

For one, headphones which are higher models sell much less than the plethora of $30 cans.

Also headphones hardly having generic parts, isn't their building cost/pricing ratio unnaturally high?

May 3, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellopanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fakes that i saw was exactly the same as the original. Even the headphones & packing. the only diff is the SOUND. No way they can imitate that.

that's not good.

the only difference i can see from the packing is the use of other languages on the ebay item. I can see my PX's are in German and now I'm getting alarm bells in my head. This is not good at all. I know that the Sennheiser UK site has a shop you can buy from, but i still say stay away completely. This is head.fi, I'm sure many people can suggest an alternative pair of headphones.

For the time being, i'd say unless you get them from Sennheiser, They PX's are barred!

May 3, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #8 of 15
This sucks big time. If you want cheap just buy used from a reputable head-fier
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #9 of 15
get it from amazon.com for $40 and then use the $10 rebate. So you will end up paying $30 for a genuine great product.

May 3, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #11 of 15
I always try to buy stuff from reputable places.

May 5, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #12 of 15
I just received a pair today in the same packaging as the one in your link. Ebayer was chinese as well. It did not come with a carrying case when it's denoted on the packaging. I'm assuming it's fake, but the sound is pretty decent for $20, it wasn't as impressive as the reviews I read led me to believe. I'll go to Best Buy later today, buy a genuine pair and then compare the two.

May 5, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #13 of 15
They're decent for $50 'phones, not mind-blowing.

May 9, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always try to buy stuff from reputable places.

The problem is, where do they get their stuff from? my suggestion is buy form Sennheiser Authorized dealers. And if you really want the real thing, pony up the doe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back