Are these Beats Studios Real?
Dec 27, 2011 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 110

BeatsbyDre100

Head-Fier
I purchased these for $170 off of Craigslists, I have attached 20+ pictures, can anyone tell me if they are real or not. BTW, I registered them for a warranty on Monsters website, and they passed that. I can not verify them however because they have a 7 digit serial number (which is normal, depending on the region it was purchased in), and Monster's website verifies 10 digit serials. Anyways, here are the pics.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #2 of 110
They look real enough to me...not the biggest expert though

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 110
If your set came with properly wrapped Duracell batteries, it should be in the safe-zone. I've seen enough Studios, fake and real, to know that the fake (and usually the "OEM" ones too) ship with other brand batteries, or unwrapped Duracells.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #6 of 110
Well when testing them out before I bought them, it appeared that the owner already put 2 Duracell batteries into the headphones, which is kind of suspicious but reasonable, in case he tested them for himself and or others.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 110

Quote:
I'm going to selfishly bump this ^_^

Sigh. More reasons why it could be legit:

- Large "antibacterial cloth"
- Full metal 1/4" adapter
- Tone of Dr Dre's face not as dark as on fake boxes

Other than that, there's hardly anything else we can determine from the pictures you provided alone.

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 110

Quote:
Is there any other information I can give that would help??

You've already stated in the other thread that you like the sound that's coming from them. Why do you care so much if they're real?

Might it be that (like many Beats owners), you consider them partially as a status symbol? 

(Yet another reason that Monster is hated: marketing up the wazoo).

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #13 of 110

Quote:
You've already stated in the other thread that you like the sound that's coming from them. Why do you care so much if they're real?

Might it be that (like many Beats owners), you consider them partially as a status symbol? 

(Yet another reason that Monster is hated: marketing up the wazoo).

Well I mean I think it is nice to know whether or not I caught a great deal or bought a pair of very nice fakes. Im a very curious and paranoid person LMAO.

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #14 of 110
1. Hi, welcome to head-fi
2. As you can tell from the other thread, very few people here buy these headphones and the whole community will not be a good resource for your questions.
3. Saying the below sentences doesn't encourage anyone.

Quote:
I want da whole community up in dis peace!

Quote:
Hey guys I posted a new thread with pics, help me verify if these are real or fake! gogogogo
http://www.head-fi.org/t/587301/are-these-beats-studios-real

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #15 of 110
Call them... Making multiple threads over the same subject isn't going to be very helpful.  I'm sure there's a number on the website somewhere.  On the other thread I believe someone mentioned youtube videos about finding counterfeit Beats.  I recommend looking at those.  

My personal opinion is that IF they are knock off they are damn good knockoffs.  I'm not aware of scammers trying so hard to include some many nifty extras like the 1/4 inch adapter, or the cloth. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back