Are these Beats By Dre Studios Real or Fake?
Feb 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
Send them back and get a pair of ath m50s :).

^I agree completely with @twp8888

For the price of Beats, you are paying for what it looks like, and its endorsement (Dr.Dre). You are paying 60 maybe 80 dollars for the quality, and the rest of the money for a 'Fashion Accessory." Don't get me wrong, they aren't the worst quality out there, but 90% of people only really wear these in public to look cool, and that's not what headphones are for.

If I would recommend anything to you, it'd be the AudioTechnica ATH-M50's, or if your budget allows it, a pair of Denon D200's would work even better. Both of them have great quality, and are much better than any endorsed headphones.

All The Best,

Nate~

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
^I agree completely with @twp8888

For the price of Beats, you are paying for what it looks like, and its endorsement (Dr.Dre). You are paying 60 maybe 80 dollars for the quality, and the rest of the money for a 'Fashion Accessory." Don't get me wrong, they aren't the worst quality out there, but 90% of people only really wear these in public to look cool, and that's not what headphones are for.

If I would recommend anything to you, it'd be the AudioTechnica ATH-M50's, or if your budget allows it, a pair of Denon D200's would work even better. Both of them have great quality, and are much better than any endorsed headphones.

All The Best,

Nate~

$60-$80 worth of quality? D2000s better than any endorsed headphones? Those are some pretty bold statements..I think the Q701s want to have a chat and quite a few people have said the beats pros would be worth $200,about half of their current msrp.

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #9 of 15
Doesn't change anything, the D2000 IMO is still better than the Q701, and I have the Q701. 
The Beats Pro....oh come on now. Don't kid yourself, they're worth $150 top, and I'm giving a lot of that to the look, not the sound.

Quote:
$60-$80 worth of quality? D2000s better than any endorsed headphones? Those are some pretty bold statements..I think the Q701s want to have a chat and quite a few people have said the beats pros would be worth $200,about half of their current msrp.

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
Fakes for sure, the back of the box is completely incorrect. Compare the back of this box to the one you took pictures of: http://www.prlog.org/11024811-kobe-bryant-beats-by-dr-dre-studio-headphones.jpg

The reason the box looks different is that it is packaged for the European market. I am not aware of fakes being made with Euro packaging:

http://parkiestech.blogspot.com/2011/05/beats-by-dr-dre-studio-headphones-real.html

That doesn't mean that it is a good idea to buy them.

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #11 of 15
Well that's just one opinion. The D2000 has always been a strange headphone to me. I've always hated how they sound for whatever reason. The midrange was waaay too nasaly and recessed for me (when considering cost. I've been able to tolerate more recessed mids, but at a cheaper price), and I'm one of the few people who were affected by the sibilance. The D2000 is certainly capable, sure, but comparing them to the K701 (another headphone I really don't like, but I haven't heard a Q701 to see if there's a difference) is like comparing a boot to a slipper. They couldn't really sound more different. Heck, call me crazy, but I'd take Beats Pros over the K701 and D2000. And especially over the M50, which always sounded disjointed to me.

Not to say the Pros are any good. It's like the person that tuned them looked at an EQ, maxed everything out, and made the Pros sound like that. They do sound much better when amped though.

But anyways, those are fakes. I'd take a look at Ultrasone's product range or even the aforementioned D2000. (Just because I hate it doesn't mean you will. They're definitely better than the Beats and make a good entry level headphone. Try to pay less than $250 for them though.) The HFI580 is a much better value than the M50 ime. They're a bit more coherent and have a more exciting sound. The S-Logic thing may take some getting used to though.

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #12 of 15

Quote:
I have not  bought them yet but before I do I just want to know if they are real or fake? The guy I am buying them off of sent those to me and they are still sealed.

That they are still sealed means nothing, They may be genuine, but there are so many fakes going around that it pretty much makes even the genuine product worthless. I really do wonder how long it is going to take western companies to realise that they are getting screwed by China by having their goods made there.

Exactly where did you find these for sale?

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 15
The Dallas area craigslist ads are full of new unopened Beats for sale. Almost all of them are fake. Given that's the case, it's got to be hard to re-sell a pair.
And I'm sure the packaging of the fakes is going to get better.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #15 of 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back