Are there really no Android-compatible in-ear wired earphones with a mic and remote?
Dec 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 31
I am really surprised they didnt work on my phone, as I am using an XE build, which makes my sensation like the sensation that has Beats audio built in. weird. Good luck dude, keep us informed

Quote:
deephile and kenman345, thanks you very much, that's great help.
I'll just continue a bit more research in xda-developers.com and then i'll probably try the V-moda's on my HTC Desire.

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #17 of 31
Most Apple remote and mic headphones will work with Android.  The only catch is that volume control may not work.  The center main button will function for answering calls, etc depending on how your software is set up to read it (or if your phone even supports the remote).  If your remote and/or mic doesn't work (and you know your phone is compatible), you will have to use a converter cable which swaps the mic and ground keys on your headphone jack. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #18 of 31
Alright I've opened the box and tried the earphones out!!
First thing's first: The control: The volume buttons do absolutely nothing.
Middle button works for Play/Pause when you click it once.
But clicking it twice will go to the previous track instead of going to the next track like it's supposed to.
Clicking it three times will sadly just go to the previous track and pause (normally that's supposed to go to the previous track)
I've tried calling with them and the mic reportedly works well.
As for calls, 1 click would also answer a call and 1 click would hang up when already in a call.
As for the sound they sound quite good :)

I've also ordered the Fiio LU1 Adapter Cable as recommended by deephile (Thanks mate), from this link:
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/FiiO.406/FIIOLU1/Fiio_LU1_Adapter_Cable_-_use_iPhone_specific_headphones_on_different_brands_of_phone.13276.html

I will update if it indeed fixed things.

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #19 of 31
Okay I've just received the adapter cable yesturday, and it's absolute rubbish.
I've tested it with my HTC Desire and my wife's Blackberry 9700.
With my phone the earphones were recognised as just earphones and not hands-free. So needless to say, NONE of the buttons worked.
With the Blackberry it just all went buggy the second I connected the earphones...

So bottom line,
Don't buy either of these products for Android or Blackberry!

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #20 of 31
Etymotic HF2 and Phonak Audeo PFE 122 both work fine on my Galaxy SII.
Play/Stop, next track, previous track, volume up, volume down all functioning as expected.
Using the Jays headset control app and PowerAMP and Player Pro as the players.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #21 of 31
May not be of the biggest help, but I recently purchased the samsung galaxy S III and it came with a 3 button headset that works just fine with it. Also if your willing to put the money down for them and the hassle of them, the HTC One X with beats fully supports the 3 button control of any Beats head phone with control talk.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #22 of 31
Quote:
May not be of the biggest help, but I recently purchased the samsung galaxy S III and it came with a 3 button headset that works just fine with it. Also if your willing to put the money down for them and the hassle of them, the HTC One X with beats fully supports the 3 button control of any Beats head phone with control talk.

I have an SIII as well. And unfortunately, because it has its own 3-button headset, it doesn't work at all with Made-For-iPhone headsets. The play-pauze button works, and the mic sometimes works when you call someone, but when you answer a call with it, the other party can't hear you at all. At least thats my experience with my UE600vi. Also tried a handfull of other iPhone headsets, and had the same result. One of them actually started adjusting the volume on its own (it was made for iPhone, but didn't have any volume controls) :/

So my advice, stick with headsets that have just the one button and don't have the Made For iPhone label on em and you should be fine.

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #23 of 31
yeah, i got a HTC rezound phone that came with beats head phones. The headphones have a 3 button remote, but it does not work! the play/pause works, but the track forward or backward pauses the phones media player.. kinda silly they would bundle something that does not work properly.

also, the headphones sound horrible!

May 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #25 of 31
The reason for this is that Apple uses a proprietary design for their 3 button headphones (play, volume up, vol down), and since Apple is the biggest smartphone manufacturer, headphone and accessories makers cater to their products.  For the most part everyone else uses an industry-standard design for a 3-button setup (play, fwd, back).

With the increasing popularity of Android, some companies have started making Android compatible 3-button setups.  I was reading this thread on Android Central, but I haven't tried out the headphones that were recommended there.  http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-samsung-galaxy-nexus/209666-looking-headphones-has-3-buttons-compatible-galaxy-nexus.html

If you have headphones with a replaceable cord, I've seen replacement cords on ebay that are Android compatible.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310665971275

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #26 of 31
Sorry to revive an old threat. Any updates on this? Still nothing?

Any products on the horizon or at least solutions that cater to our needs?

any converters to all the 'i' product lines?

I came across these guys http://milkyzone.weebly.com/1/post/2012/11/-earphone-converter-adapter-convert-omtp-to-ctia-or-ctia-to-omtp-35mm-to-35mm.html
but not really sure if this works or which one to buy then.

I understand the problem of it, but really need to find a solution. It is driving me MAD I SAY MAAAD :)

Any new experiences to share?

Thanks all!

May 1, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #29 of 31
As described you will need an "made for Android" headset to get all 3-buttons to work. No matter one can install this brilliant headset App (supports Lollipop aka Android 5.0) and configure your buttons to do whatever. Even online musicplayers can be controlled. Use it everyday.

Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shengande.degausslabs&hl=sv

May 2, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #30 of 31
I ended up buying a replacement cord off of eBay. It obviously didn't have the build quality of the cord that came with my headphones, but it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back