Are there any pre-2009 replacement cables left?
Nov 20, 2009 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Obstinate

Head-Fier
I've been asking everywhere and no one seems to respond. I am looking for the pre-2009 replacement cable, the one before the redesign. I wear these over the ear so microphonics aren't an issue, and I cycle with my SA6's so cable thickness is important to me. If anyone has a pre-2009 cable that they don't need, I am willing to take it off your hands or trade for a new cable. Please PM me if you're interested! Anyone?

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 13
Ill trade you one, just go ahead and PM me your details. I have a brand new one that never had the twist tie taken off that I got from them over a year ago. Its definitely from their original line. I want to try one of the new ones if that is what you are proposing.

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 13
Any more of these? Mine already went out
frown.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #6 of 13
Well, I have one, using it at a daily basis, but still workable.

By the way, whats wrong with the 2009 cables ?

Jan 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 13
Well, I have one, using it at a daily basis, but still workable.

By the way, whats wrong with the 2009 cables ?

I live in Singapore though.

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Obstinate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cord feels flimsy in my opinion.

It is, isn't it ?
Then why are you collecting them for usage lol.

Feb 3, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #11 of 13
To tell you the truth, the old one too is pretty flimsy. If you are a bicycler like I am, the pre-2009 model will accumulate sweat and body oil even without exercising and become brittle. Mine still work but the 'stress' reliefs have died. The new one might be a little better against cyrstalisation, but it too, seems flimsy.

Sleek really need to address this issue and package their great earphones with better cables.

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To tell you the truth, the old one too is pretty flimsy. If you are a bicycler like I am, the pre-2009 model will accumulate sweat and body oil even without exercising and become brittle. Mine still work but the 'stress' reliefs have died. The new one might be a little better against cyrstalisation, but it too, seems flimsy.

Sleek really need to address this issue and package their great earphones with better cables.

Yeah, my cable is still exposed at the Y split (the second cable from the original series) but it still works so far...

Must say, I rediscovered these with the Sony X...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back