Are there any P2P Sharing programs without spyware?
Jan 4, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #16 of 49
yeah, soulseek is great... find more info at www.slsk.org

Jan 4, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #17 of 49
www.packetnews.com makes mirc very, very, easy....
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #19 of 49
oops... I just did it from memory (didnt check)... What is www.slsk.org anyways? it looks like they are trying to pretend to be soulseek... wierd

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #20 of 49
soulseek has another url now, just search google for it.

Jan 6, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #21 of 49
the soulseek knockoff website is actually a dialer of some sort.
or something.

I've never downloaded it; but that's what I've seen on the actual soulseek boards...

Jan 6, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #23 of 49
I second emule and also recommend soulseek. Now, I'd recommend Kazaa Lite/K++ too but the problem is that there are no new version of it being made. Kazaa redid the supernode code in 2.5 and Kazaa Lite can't connect to supernodes that are 2.5 or higher. Now, you can try normal kazaa and then install Diet K but I find that to be messy and clunky.

Jan 6, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #24 of 49
Kazaa Lite K++ is what I use...I MEAN RECCOMMEND!!!!
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #25 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
You might want to try MLDonkey (http://www.nongnu.org/mldonkey/) - very capable piece of software. Source available, too.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

or one of the various emule releases.

i personally use plain ol' vanilla flavour edonkey v0.45 , later versions dont like my connection, keeps telling me i'm firewalled when i'm not = teh suxx0r

Jan 7, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #26 of 49
You should be using KaZaa lite K++ version 2.4.3. Everything else either sucks, isnt worth your time, or is fake like the version you were using.

I have K++ up all the time, no spyware.

Cheers,
Geek

Jan 7, 2004 at 10:00 AM Post #27 of 49
I would check out Slyck. It explains most of the P2P software out there pretty well and gives introductory tutorials to all their suggested options.

Good Site. Best of luck. I personally use www.archive.org, but that works because they are legal concert downloads so...yah...

Jan 8, 2004 at 9:26 AM Post #28 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by warubozu
I second Winmx, I've been using it for almost 2 yrs now and have not encountered any spyeware. I've been able to get better results in Winmx than the other P2P programs.

I use winmx now and then too, definitely doesn't have spyware. Unfortunately it also doesn't seem to have a huge selection of files. Most of the time i can never get what i want on winmx...
frown.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #29 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
I use winmx now and then too, definitely doesn't have spyware. Unfortunately it also doesn't seem to have a huge selection of files. Most of the time i can never get what i want on winmx...
frown.gif

Yea, I agree. Sometime it seems that everything you want is there and other times it can be pretty dry.

Jan 9, 2004 at 10:48 AM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Geek
You should be using KaZaa lite K++ version 2.4.3. Everything else either sucks, isnt worth your time, or is fake like the version you were using.

I have K++ up all the time, no spyware.

Cheers,
Geek

where can i get this program? i ran a search on google and i get russian links
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back