Are there any over-ear headphones that have a good passive sound cancellation?
Feb 24, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #16 of 26
The Sonys are best in anc at the moment with bose on the second place, imo.
If you're looking for better sound, take a look at the Dali IO 6 or the Bowers & Wilkins PX7.
The Dali is offering a sound closer to "neutral" or the harman curve, but with a slightly weaker performance in active noise cancelation.
The PX7 is closer to the Sony than to the Dali, imo.
They leave my budget.

Feb 24, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #17 of 26
They leave my budget.

Check out the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless. They sound great, have ANC, and have less going on with the headband than the Momentum 3, which Sennheiser is notorious for doing on their newer stuff. I also noticed that you are in Argentina, so check this site first:

https://flycrates.com/amazon-shipping-to-argentina

Search within the Amazon global link that will be on a notice revision from the link above for “momentum 2 wireless” and hopefully this will show shipping with your location for this product:

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Wireless-Active-Cancellation/dp/B00SNI44CQ

Feb 25, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #18 of 26
Hello.

I am also looking for a headphone with great passive noise isolation. I am aware of how sound from headphones can be used to reduce background noise, which I had done in the past. However, I am looking for a fully built headphone with double digit noise reduction rating and able to produce sub-bass. My budget would be up to US $40.

I have attempted to build noise isolating headphones from conventional headphones and earmuffs used for construction or sporting purposes. I have used the folding type of ear muffs and the type with the full plastic headband and the red cups. I had tried placing just the drivers in these types of earmuffs from headphones ranging from the Koss UR10, KPH7 and Sony XB450 (a way to throw money away if you use these for this purpose- the bass is gone).

The simplest method and the best sounding is to buy a pair of hearing protection earmuffs and the Koss KSC75, then removing the clips and placing the drivers in the earmuff. The sound quality will depend on the space from the ear and the air within the hearing protection, if any. If anyone does this, be advised to know they sound the best when placed directly on the ear within the earmuff and do not attempt to use them if they just float in the earmuff.

The other type of noise isolating headphone I have tried is what I believed to be the SAS Safety ear muffs with AM/FM radio and input jack. It was a gift and cost $45 brand new. It was hefty and felt nice to but on when I was young; unfortunately, the audio quality was bad- the drivers were mismatched one sounded louder than the other. I was so upset my V150 was better than those. The same type of headphone can be found under the Protear brand name.

My preferred headphone would be a Bluedio T2S or Tascam TH-02 driver placed inside a hearing protection ear muff.

Feb 25, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #20 of 26
They leave my budget.

Have you checked rtings.com for their testing of active noise cancellation headphones? In your budget range, I can think of the following ordered by Rtings Noise Isolation score best to worst

Sennheiser Momentum 2 - 7.5
AKG N700NC - 7.4
JBL Live 650 BTNC - 7.1
Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 - 6.9
Jabra Elite 85H - 6.7
Plantronics Backbeat Go 810 - 6.5
Sennheiser PXC 550 - 6.1

Cheers,

--tom

May 18, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #21 of 26
Hello, I am currently looking for an over-ear that passively isolates the best I can, any other good option for 200 dollars other than the Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro? I am reading that they are very tight for a long time of use and my idea is that, to use them when I start studying.
I had been recommended the Soundmagic HP 151 but could not find them on amazon, it has to be bought on amazon yes or yes.

I do not want any headphones with ANC, I had the Sony WH 1000xm3 and I did not like them at all, I returned them in less than a week, I felt that they did not isolate what they cost and the isolation is the same as my FiiO F9 PRO, the comfort of the pads I didn't like it was very hot, the sound didn't like very bass either.

May 18, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #22 of 26
Audio Technica portables are close back....and portable.

May 18, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #24 of 26
All (real) portable AT i know got small earpads to me.
M50 or MSR doesn't matter.
While the bass is good on the MSR7(b), the treble is to much for me.
It's heavily v-shaped sounding, imo.
It depends on what headphone you'll comparing to, the mids seems a bit recessed.

But i've to give them another try with a bit lower volume, i guess.
It's hard to go back from the Monitor 5 to the MSR7b. ^^

May 18, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #25 of 26
Msr7 series. And also the older on-ears like the Es9nans Es10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back