Are there any other dongles besides the Qudelix 5K that come with an iPhone app to adjust EQ?
May 21, 2024 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eat2na

100+ Head-Fier
I already own the 5K but I had it for so long and have the itch to add something else with perhaps different DAC chips just for fun. But it must have an equally robust and easy to use app were I can EQ and save PCM EQ settings for different brands of earphones and headphones from the tested models that enthusiasts like Jaakkopasanen, Crinacle and Oratory1990 have officially tested and put out. I will be using it via USB and don’t need Bluetooth. I will be using Amazon Music and/or Tidal as my music source. I will not be using it via desktop PC or want to have to hook it up to a PC anytime I want to mess with a setting. I may be ok with using a third party EQ app but it must have seamless integration with Amazon music and adjustment on the fly without having any complication like stopping the music or going back and forth too much or losing the settings if I turn the unit off or if switching cloud music sources. It will only be used as a portable device. I already know about the Qudelix T71 but I want to get a different brand.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 7
There are others with PEQ, but none I’ve tried come close to the UI design of the 5K. Only viable alternative app for iPhone is Roon ARC, but that requires a Roon subscription. The added benefit to Roon ARC is that it’s not tied to a dongle, so you can use it with any dongle of your choosing.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 7
I guess there is always the E1DA PowerDAC dongle. It probably never lost its relevance in all this time. It has a pEQ.

If you want, you can use adapters for the Fiio utws5 truly wireless modules and get pEQ to your headphones or IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back