Are there any NC cans better than Bose?
Nov 1, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get the purpose of NC headphones when all they do is eliminate one kind of noise at the expense of a more bothersome other kind of constant background noise/hiss.

They take out lower rumble noises very effectively so that you can turn down the volume in the earpiece, so saving your hearing. At those kinds of noise levels, the hiss created by the electronics is normally drowned out I suppose. They're aimed at people on 'planes.

Other than NC, I prefer to use IEM's to cut out noise. No hiss and far more portable than the Senns.

Ian

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get the purpose of NC headphones when all they do is eliminate one kind of noise at the expense of a more bothersome other kind of constant background noise/hiss.

Thank you. My wife bought me the Bose before I came here. Two days after I got them, I found this place and they were returned. I could have saved a lot of money if they were good. The only good environment they work in is ..... ah.........?

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #18 of 27
truly spoken like peeps who have not had to fly much!
noise cancelling headphones are wonderful on long flights

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sauce? I thought Bose rip everyone else's idea off, patent as their own, then sue the small company until they go bankrupt.

Do you have proof of this, or are you just spouting things?

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So infrequently that it wasn't worth how poorly they performed everywhere else.

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lawrence J. Fogel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So Bose didn't invent that. lol

hmmm good find. But he did put the technology in headphones. I would never buy them, but it just seems it's the only thing bose is good at (besides marketing)

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #24 of 27

So true. I have the HD598 and recently acquired the Denon D600 for flying, kind of an impulse buy... great for movies, quite awesome really. For music eeh just not for me I guess. Got them because they were closed and I wanted something for flying but noise cancelling is a necessity. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #27 of 27
I tried some Audiotechnica NC headphones at an airport headphone store and they sounded horrible.  Extremely muddy sound even with the NC off.  They were too dark with very loose bass that smeared vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back