Are there any IEM's that is closer to the Koss75?
Apr 28, 2006 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
I just got the er6i but I find the koss75 more enjoyable for music. I find the koss having better sound quality than the er6i...im not sure if im getting it wrong or whatever the reason, but the koss has clearer sound to me....

So anyway back to the subject, which iem has koss sounds or , I dont think I want to spend over 90 bucks though.

Also if there's pain after inserting iems, does it means its way too deep inside? Since Im new to IEM, I do find it bothersome having this feeling that something is stuck in my ear canal.....any suggestion on how to fix this?

Apr 28, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 25
Similar situation here not too long ago it seems...

To better those Koss drivers in an IEM requires you to go up to Shure E4C, UE Super.fi 5 Pro, Ety ER4P (or similar) level IMO.

The E3Cs weren't bad, but seemed very much like a sidestep to me. The $180 IEMs are a definite step up, though.

Apr 28, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #5 of 25
Ah, I know exactly what you're seeking:

d062dd9eb9.jpg

modded Koss Plugs! They won't sound as good as the KSC75s, but I still think they sound better than everybody gives them credit for. Especially with a nice pair of flangies on them.

Apr 30, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
Another question, whats are some of the comments on the ER6i's mids? are they a bit bright to you guys....

that's normal, because I've told you before, the bass is little thin. eventhough, the bass is there. and the mids are more present than the bass.

Apr 30, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

I just got the er6i but I find the koss75 more enjoyable for music. I find the koss having better sound quality than the er6i...im not sure if im getting it wrong or whatever the reason, but the koss has clearer sound to me....

Etymotic earbuds have higher distortion than any other headphone/earbud I've heard or seen measurements for.

They also have a very flat frequency response. This may be fine for loudspeakers, but for headphones/earbuds a flat response sounds "empty". (The ear/brain system doesn't hear all frequencies equally.)

Don't expect Etymotics to be satisfying without an EQ. If you have an EQ, try giving your Ety's, basically, the response curve of another headphone, using a response plot.

(EDIT: Don't expect the sound to be the same as the other headphone you use for reference. It won't, partly due to the nature of EQ'ing. You'll have to tweak. However, you can make them do some pretty amazing things, if you know how to use an EQ. I got my Ety's to sound like several completely different products.)

Apr 30, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #11 of 25
dude, can you tell me how to adust my EQ? I have the creative Zen vision.

Im not suppose to hear anything? When I clap my hand hard...i can still hear a bit of sounds..is this good enough isolation? I can barely hear the train or bus even on low.....Isnt this a good enough seal?

If somebody can give me some eq settings for the creative zen

Apr 30, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

dude, can you tell me how to adust my EQ? I have the creative Zen vision. If somebody can give me some eq settings for the creative zen

That's a media player, correct? If so, I'm sure it's not enough. You would need a dedicated, professional EQ to acomplish what I was talking about. It would have to be stereo and have 31 bands, ala the DEQ230.

EDIT: Forget I said anything. You'll need lots more patience before you can really learn/do EQ'ing.

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricBlack
I returned my ER-6 Ety's (for various reasons). They didn't distort like broken equipment. I'm talking about harmonic distortion.

Oh I see. Check out the Er4.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back