Are there any good online databases where I can catalog my music?
May 27, 2008 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheRobbStory

Banned
I'm not even sure what to search for here. I'm basically looking for some kind of social networking type system where I can enter and catalog my entire music collection (digital, CD, vinyl, cassette, 8-track, etc) and possibly compare it to others, find recommendations and the like.

Something like last.fm meets iTunes meets tangible media.

Does such a thing exist? Is it time for me to start programming?

May 27, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 5
although it was originally a CD-swapping outlet, Lala.com: A place to grow your music is becoming more and more of a social networking/music recommendation site. Entering hundreds of CDs into lala in one go is a bit of PITA, but once done you get good search capabilities into your collection.
lala also allows you to upload your music collection onto their servers and listen to it from any computer, but I haven't really used this feature so I can't comment about how convenient it is.

[EDIT] reading better your post, I noticed you want to catalog also your vinyl etc. lala won't do for that... [/EDIT]

May 28, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Recordnerd.com
Not the greatest, but I use it as a way to catalogue my vinyl (can do cd's, tapes, whatev.) and it alphabetizes it for me (which is how I keep the vinyl on my shelves, so that helps). You can browse other's collections and have stuff up for trade if you want. Anyways, its the option I know of for this kinda thing.

Recordnerd.com : browse, search and make lists of records, CDs, videos, and more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back