Are there any good aptx HD (important, HD!!!) Bluetooth TWS IEM and/or around ear headphones?
Apr 24, 2023 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rambomhtri

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, since I first saw how the KZ Bluethooth 5.0 cable was able to use the codec aptX HD with my smartphone, I've been wanting to own as my main TWS bluetooth IEM one that was able to use that one codec, or similar quality LDAC. The aptX Adaptive is confusing to say the least, I've read sometimes it's worse than aptX HD, other times that it behaves better... I don't want a confusing codec.

Right now I have the KZ Z3 TWS (yeah, I am a big KZ fan), but sadly it only supports aptX codec, no HD. Even though they like to lie and confuse you about codecs, stating "HD codec support" and "HD aptX" (which is not the same as saying "aptX HD" according to them), none of their TWS IEM actually supports the better aptX HD codec, and I've tried Z3, SK10, SK10 Pro and Z1 Pro.

1682352529319.png

So... I was looking for a TWS IEM that supports those high quality codecs and is below the $100 mark. I'd love some SONY's, but the cheap ones cost about $100-120 and only support aptX, or not even that, AAC and SBC I think... a joke.
How about other audio brands?
Also, as my main bluetooth headphones around the ear I use Beats Studio 3, which have AAC and ANC. Besides the price and the cheap materials for the structure, everything else is fine, I am happy with them, but I wouldn't mind to upgrade them with others that are more comfortable, that are aptX HD and also have ANC. I wouldn't mind losing the folding capability, but either the upgrade is better in the codec, and also has ANC or I don't want to deal with an upgrade. Budget around $150.
The most annoying thing is to find the codecs supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back