Are there any fake MTPG/MTPC pouches/carrying cases?
Feb 23, 2012 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Totally Dubbed

aka 1337 Gamer
aka totallydubbed2
aka TotallydubbedHD
Hi there guys n girls!

Was wondering if there were any fake MTPC/MTPG cases/pouches.

I recently bought one, from the forums, and from my surprise the leather-esk pouch didn't have a button closing it together (it has a magnet inside, but with no button)
and the other one is the normal soft pouch, but this didn't have much resistance opening/closing it.

I don't really mind if they are fake, as I bought the pair from a very nice seller + for only $20 shipped.

FYI:
His MTPC's are genuine, they came in a film rapped box, and "They were bought from FutureShop.ca, which is an authorized reseller." - he even has the receipt.

So my question is, is there different region pouches?
If so, then this would be good to be documented for people in the future wandering about fake vs real

Cheers!
(My pictures of the pouches will come later tonight)

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #6 of 6
I decided to buy another MTPC pouch - this time making sure it had the button, here are the picture comparisons!

Button vs no button

Braiding a little different

Button styled was a little darker in tone INSIDE, however on the EXTERIOR that was vice-versa:

Button one being lighter on the outside, on the right.

Top was button, bottom, was un-buttoned one.

There was a little size difference, although that might be due to use:

Inside of the Button one:

The one on the LEFT, the slimmer one is the button one:

The one on the RIGHT, the slimmer one is the button one:

You can see form these pictures, my initial impressions of the so called "un-buttoned" one were mixed - thus the thread.
Now I don't really care if they are real or not - just really out of curiosity, that's it
I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 different models.

The button pouch, closes much better -> and thus was my issue of the un-buttoned one, not closing properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back