Are there any cheap in ear, cable over ear, earphones?
Dec 15, 2011 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

banditrider

New Head-Fier

While I was in hospital at the beginning of his year, I became used to sleeping with earphones in, listening to radio plays and comedies, and I've carried on sleeping this way. It's better than listening to the lorries that pass about 3 metres from my bedroom window every couple of minutes.  I've been using the Vivanco Aircoustic from Richer Sounds at £9.99. These have been ideal for my use, and when the cables have been over my ears a few times, they tend to keep their shape. Unfortunately they also have a tendency to break at the plug, so, after my third pair, I'm looking for something to replace them. Quality build is probably needed more than great sound, though not so bad sound that I can't use them for music occasionally. (I use Grado SR325 during waking hours.) Over ear cable is essential to stop them pulling out, and a low profile is preferred - the Vivanco's have wood bodies, so I sanded off the fancy bits, which shortened them to just the right length.

I'd probably go to about 40UKP, so is there anything out there that might do what I want, or am I asking too much?

Is it possible to make generic earphones into over ear? I was thinking of something like Sennheiser CX200/300/400 and putting some heatshrink over the cable and moulding it to shape, though I don't know if this would work, it's just a thought.

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 11
Looking at the PL-50, they look like they would stick out too far and get pulled out, and/or be uncomfortable when laid on my side. The M6 look better. Thanks.

Why doesn't scrolling through text work in the editor, using the direction arrows? It's annoying. :wink: 
I just noticed it's OK in the full page editor. :)

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 11

Yep, I can't say exactly when it broke (been a problem for many months), but it doesn't work in Firefox or in the android browser... you have to hit the source button on the top left to edit anything or spell check.
Quote:
Looking at the PL-50, they look like they would stick out too far and get pulled out, and/or be uncomfortable when laid on my side. The M6 look better. Thanks.

Why doesn't scrolling through text work in the editor, using the direction arrows? It's annoying. :wink: 
I just noticed it's OK in the full page editor. :)

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 11
MEE M6 are nice and can be had for less than $20 easily.

It's the only iem that I feel can go too far into the ear canal.

With the correct tip you'll find a good fit......and they're very good with music.

A very fun presentation with slamming lows..... clear mids and respectable highs.

The M6 does justice to any music genre....Metal.....Jazz.....electro pop....Rock....and even classical.

Live performances are very nice on the M6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back