are there 2 version of the koss ksc-35?
Dec 25, 2001 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tracylynn

100+ Head-Fier
are there 2 version of the koss ksc-35? i just rcvd my pair of ksc-35 [from headphone.com]. the koss i got is "mp3me stereophone" it does not have a 1/8" plugs and has a different leather pouch has show on this link:

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf...ReadForm&KSC35

and does the koss ksc-35 need to be "burn-in" cause i find the "high" to be fatiguing (sp?)?

headphone.com does not sell the JMT-CHA47. where can i find them?

Dec 25, 2001 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by tracylynn

huh? contact him how?

Click on the members tab on top right and sort thru the user names until you find "JMT" and drop him a Private Message. I purchased a cmoy from him, he's a very nice guy, easy to deal with. Best of luck. O yea, burn in: basically just keep playing your tunes thru the 35's...eventually they will sound much better, some folks on here just play music thru their new cans for a few days straight, whether or not their listening to them. Dont blast the volume either.

George
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2001 at 1:04 PM Post #6 of 9
My 2 pairs are slightly different. One has a silver/nickel/whatever plug, and the other has a gold plug. One came with the Koss pouch, and 1/4" adapter, and the other had neither. The phones themselves are identical, though. There doesn't seem to be a definite answer as to their status of being discontinued, but Headroom says they have plenty in stock.

Dec 25, 2001 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 9
I just got a set of KSC-35s for Xmas (GF ordered through Headroom--thx guys!) and so far they seem great, though of course not burned in yet.

FWIW, I did get the gold connector and case, but no 1/4" adaptor. Is it the same as any radio shack adapter?

They seem to fit really well, looking forward to using them outside.

Dec 26, 2001 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 9
i got the same version as u, porieux, gold plug without the 1/4" adaptor.

i also bought the Senn. mx-500 [from headphone.com too].... well it sound like crap. sh!+.... its doesnt even sound like the sony mdr-e888. am i missing something? u guys have mod for it?

Dec 26, 2001 at 8:59 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by chriscu1
There doesn't seem to be a definite answer as to their status of being discontinued, but Headroom says they have plenty in stock.

Koss claims they are discontinued and have been replaced by the KSC-50. As close to "definitive" as we're going to get
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back