Are ther noise cancelling headphone reviews here?
Aug 31, 2005 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

isneeze

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I'm not looking for high quality audio out of them, but sometimes it's nice to sit in quiet on the plane. Can somebody point me to noise-cancelling thread? If not, does anybody have a sense of what the best models are?

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by isneeze
Greetings,

I'm not looking for high quality audio out of them, but sometimes it's nice to sit in quiet on the plane. Can somebody point me to noise-cancelling thread? If not, does anybody have a sense of what the best models are?

Thanks.

PX200s that is my pick and I am sticking with it.

Noise calling doesn't really work and er6i are another good option.

Aug 31, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 7
On this forum noise-cancelling headphones are usually disliked and instead IEMs or canalphones are recommended, which let you listen to music through a fire alarm without noticing it.

Sep 1, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 7
The Sennheiser HD280 is a good standard (over-the-ear) headphone if you don't like the idea of canalphones. It doesn't have any noise cancelling features, but it's a closed design that provides more noise isolation than most headphones. It's reasonably priced, has several reviews here, and probably sounds a lot better than a Bose (infamous here for their inferior-sounding "noise-cancelling" headphones).

Sep 1, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 7
What kind of music do you listen too?

The HD280s can be had for like $70 shipped from etronics. They're out of stock right now, but they should come in soon.

Also the Sony MDR-V6 are good closed phones. You can also get them for like the same price on etronics.

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 7
I have Sennheiser PXC-200, I've also had E2c and now have E4.

The sound in PXC-200 is excellent, better than E2c or E4. Now the bad news: PXC-200 requires batteries, it has a "stick" which takes the batteries and has the NC circuits. Ie. unnecessary piece of equipment hanging around or clipped to your belt, but extra anyway. Also when listening in low volume levels (I listen to very low levels), NC adds hiss to the sound. Last but not least, PXC-200 clamps quite hard. After several hours of listening (3-5h) your ear leafs (right word?) start hurting because of the clamping.
Not saying PXC-200 is bad phone, just that if you listen to 4 or more hours of music, then they are not nice.

E2c: Nice isolation, lacks highs. IEM, not for everyone.
E4: Nice isolation, more balanced than E2c, doesn't have tha same punch in the bass as E2c or PXC-200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back