Are the Z-2300's good speakers? Why do they blow out?
Jun 25, 2009 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Hydralisk86

New Head-Fier
I have heard on another forum that the Z-2300 are very good speakers. However, I have heard from about 2 people that their Z-2300 speakers blew out within a few weeks. Is there a specific reason why this happens? And, are they reliable and good speakers for the price?

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 16
If you are taking about the Logitech z2300 then I have had 2 sets and never had a problem. I have not got a wide experience of PC speakers but they sound pretty damm good to me
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW the first set was stolen and I replaced with an identical set. I think that says alot.

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #3 of 16
i had mines for 2 years and they worked great. i think they are worth the money

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had mines for 2 years and they worked great. i think they are worth the money

I see. But, is it possible that if your house's power wiring is old, because the house was old, that the speakers could blow because of that? I live in such a house.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydralisk86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see. But, is it possible that if your house's power wiring is old, because the house was old, that the speakers could blow because of that? I live in such a house.

its possible. I would get and expert and ask him to check for any "boguses" in your house' power

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 16
I havent heard of this "blowing out" thing so far, my cousin has them and has been very happy with them. Not exactly very accurate or detailed, wouldn't consider it myself for listening to music, but its quite good for gaming and movie watching.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

but its quite good for gaming and movie watching.

Eh? If they're not accurate or detailed, then why should they be good for gaming or movies? Why should those uses be any less important?

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I havent heard of this "blowing out" thing so far, my cousin has them and has been very happy with them. Not exactly very accurate or detailed, wouldn't consider it myself for listening to music, but its quite good for gaming and movie watching.

a friend of mine had his z5500 blow on him twice. 2 brand new sets blown.
So I'm suspecting the Logis are sensitive to poor power outlets and fluctuations

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

its possible. I would get and expert and ask him to check for any "boguses" in your house' power

Is it also possible that that guy's Z-2300's blew because he didn't use a surge protector with those speakers?

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Is it also possible that that guy's Z-2300's blew because he didn't use a surge protector with those speakers?

i don't think thats the case. dropouts in the power supply from the power sockets I would say, maybe too much power got into Logis. Maybe people should check what voltage it says the unit is at the back of the sub? a 110v speakers plugged into 240v outlet would do just that-fuse blows

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

i don't think thats the case. dropouts in the power supply from the power sockets I would say, maybe too much power got into Logis. Maybe people should check what voltage it says the unit is at the back of the sub? a 110v speakers plugged into 240v outlet would do just that-fuse blows

If that's true, how do I find out how much voltage my outlet is? Do I have to call an electrician?

Right now I'm using the Logitech Z Cinema speakers, and they work fine. Would that indicate anything?

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

a 110v speakers plugged into 240v outlet would do just that-fuse blows

It'll do more that, it'll blow up your PSU. I know the 5500's fuse blow often, someone used a higher rated fuse but this doesn't sound like a good idea. Not even sure if anyone found out why the keep on blowing fuses.

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

If that's true, how do I find out how much voltage my outlet is? Do I have to call an electrician?

Right now I'm using the Logitech Z Cinema speakers, and they work fine. Would that indicate anything?

I would check what voltage it says on the back of your speakers first. Also where do you reside?

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

I would check what voltage it says on the back of your speakers first. Also where do you reside?

Here is what it says on the back of the subwoofer:

On a section of the back of the subwoofer, it says "120V~6Hz only"

And blow that somewhere it says "100V-230V~50-60Hz" and blow that it says "1A."

Nothing on the back of my speakers. But here are the details from amazon.com:
110-watts RMS into 4 ohms at 45Hz Subwoofer
26-watts RMS x 2 into 4 ohms at 335Hz Midwoofer
9-watts RMS x 2 into 16 ohms at 17.4khz Tweeter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back