Are the UE Metro Fi. 2 as good as say the Super Fi's, or Triple Fi's, in terms of
Oct 4, 2008 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
SQ, and over all sound stage?..I don't have enough money to get the Triple Fi's, mind you, nor the Super Fi's, so I'll be ordering a pair of "Ultimate Ears Loud Enough Earphones (for kids)", from the Apple website. They look like Metro Fi 2's, the only difference is there 32 ohm, 20 - 20 freq response compared to the Metro Fi's 16 - 23, and a SPL of 86 (to protect kids hearing, which is one of the main reasons I'm getting them for myself instead of the Metro Fi 2 which cost 79.99), I know specs really don't mean anything, it's just that I don't wanna get gypped on these things after going through so many pairs of earbuds and wasting money.

Oct 4, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 12
Please. You MUST be joking. The kids phones wont touch the metro fi's and the metro fi's wont touch the super fi's and the super fi's wont touch the triple fi's. The triple fi's are pretty much the top of the ladder on universal IEM sound quality, its only competitor is the SE530 and maybe UM2.

Phones with lower SPL arent automatically better for your hearing - it is only if you blast a higher DB phone that it will reach the dangerous levels.

Also, if you buy something that's not cheap, it will last longer, you will be more careful with it, and you will like it a lot more.

Oct 4, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 12
The soundmagic PL30 have been getting great reviews and are ridiculously cheap, if you need something good-sounding for little money.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please. You MUST be joking. The kids phones wont touch the metro fi's and the metro fi's wont touch the super fi's and the super fi's wont touch the triple fi's. The triple fi's are pretty much the top of the ladder on universal IEM sound quality, its only competitor is the SE530 and maybe UM2.

Phones with lower SPL arent automatically better for your hearing - it is only if you blast a higher DB phone that it will reach the dangerous levels.

Also, if you buy something that's not cheap, it will last longer, you will be more careful with it, and you will like it a lot more.

UE-11? I'm pretty sure that beats it.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 12
Oh, nevermind then.

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The soundmagic PL30 have been getting great reviews and are ridiculously cheap, if you need something good-sounding for little money.

Are they sure they're still rediculously cheap? Cheapest I've seen them is $40 since I can't find them on the FocalPrice website anymore.

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they sure they're still rediculously cheap? Cheapest I've seen them is $40 since I can't find them on the FocalPrice website anymore.

Here they are. $20 and free shipping.

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here they are. $20 and free shipping.

Ah, I'm glad that it was my mistake
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for the link.

Also I mispelt ridiculous..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back