are the triple fi 10s worth the extra bucks compared to super fi 5 pro?
Jan 21, 2008 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xenochimera

100+ Head-Fier
just a thought since i can get rid of some my stuff and can pretty much come up with the cash for a set of triple fi 10s. looks awesome, but are they 2x as awesome as the super fi 5 pros?

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 5
I hate the super.fi 5 Pro for ruining all music known to man.

I greatly prefer the triple.fi from the Shure SE530.

I think the sound is balanced, clear, accurate, revealing...I just lament how the design of it just kills the whole shebang though.
frown.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 5
what didn't you like about the super fi 5 MarchingMule?

Jan 21, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the sound is balanced, clear, accurate, revealing...I just lament how the design of it just kills the whole shebang though.
frown.gif

The earliest 5 Pro's left much to be desired, but later versions were an improvement.

Of course, the Triple.Fi's blow them out of the water in every way. (well, except for those that may find them too bright or harsh with crappy lossy encodings.)

And yeah, not so crazy about the color and Industrial Design here either.

-Ed

Jan 21, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif

I agree. The super.fi didnt impress that much. I preferred the ER4-p from Etymotic to the these. As for the Triple.fi, In my opinion, they are definitely the best I have tried. The SE530 are ok, but I cant take the rolled off highs. Go for the Triple.fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back