Are The Sony MDR XB950B1 Any Good?
Jun 29, 2018 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Prim8NChief

Head-Fier
What do you guys think of Sony Headphones? I can get the Sony MDR XB950B1 for around $30 on ebay. I think it would be nice to have wireless headphones. All the reviews for the XB950 say they have plenty of bass. I'm just worried that I will be disappointed coming from the Superlux HD668b. I just can't take the clamp force of the Superlux even after trying to fix the clamp force. From what I've read these Sonys are supposed to be comfortable.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 3
The headphone you mention is bass-emphasized. If you can stretch your budget just a bit, you can get into a SoundMAGIC HP151. It is an excellent headphone that punches way above its price-point in performance. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work for you,

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 3
I have tested the 950n1 which is nc added. I returned them the next day. Clarity was there the bass was not what I expected even with boost on. Just had a muffled sound and to me it just needed too much EQ'ing.

The pads are huge but very comfortable as well as the clamping force. To be honest I stuck with the jaybird x3. I really like that the Sony had longer battery life but that was the only positive in my experience.. hope that helps you out a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back