Are the Radio Shack portable amps complete garbage?
Feb 27, 2004 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Orubasarot
With the frequency response of 150 - 10,000Hz I'm guessing yes.

You'd guess right. I'm not sure why an amp like that would even exist. It's not like it's all that hard to get flat freq response across the audible range.

Feb 27, 2004 at 8:34 AM Post #3 of 8
Gotta look into the Boosteroo......

biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 12:07 PM Post #4 of 8
It's actually a booster which the primary function is to boost up the volume. I won't say it's a complete garbage until I heard one. For under $30 ,if you can find some use for it then it will be quite a deal.

Feb 27, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 8
compu serve computer store was selling a Koss equalizer for 30.00 . if its like the old one it puts out about 30mw. its about 1/2 the size of cigarette pack. I have the old one model EQ/30 that I used in the old days with a portable casette. It was remarkably clean sounding for the price.
it has bass ,treble and balance controls, but the bal. cont. has little effect like its either extreme right or feft channel.

Just went on the koss site and its an EQ50 selling for 19.99. no specs on power so you should call them.

Feb 27, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 8
If you don't expect great soundquality, the boosteroo might serve the purpose of allowing you to power your headphones more effectively. Their general purpose is to allow multiple headphones to listen to one source and have good volume...so it should be okay. The Boosteroo is probably the cheapest one you can buy from a store, though a good DIYer should be able to build you a cmoy for pretty cheap (~$30).

Feb 27, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Boostaroo is hissssssstastic.. I have one. Not a fan.

-dd3mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back