Are the Phonak Audeo 012 the right choice for me?
Dec 10, 2011 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

halehaler

100+ Head-Fier
I managed to get these for £40 ($60) during Amazon.co.uk black friday, they're usually £80 ($120) so I figured as I've heard good stuff about them, it's a good choice.

However I just remember the Soundmagic E10's are £31 at the moment, and apparently they're pretty good too? And are there some other good ones out there?

I will be listening 50% dubstep, 20% hiphop, 10% other, and 20% gaming.

So, have I made the right or a good choice?

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 5
first of all.. phonak wont give you enough bass for those kinds of music.. they are all about clarity and vocal, but not so much on the lower side of the freq spectrum.

as for the e10 i dont have any experience with those..

I'd suggest, Hippo VB (variable bass) if you can find it.

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
first of all.. phonak wont give you enough bass for those kinds of music.. they are all about clarity and vocal, but not so much on the lower side of the freq spectrum.

as for the e10 i dont have any experience with those..

I'd suggest, Hippo VB (variable bass) if you can find it.

The 012s have the bass filter which makes them bass heavy with a slight V-shape...  Although it may not have the most bass, it can definitely suffice for those genres (although there may be better alternatives, these are still a decent pair for those genres).

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 5
I've bought them, too, at Black Friday and i too listen to dubstep and whatnot. I shall say that besides it doesnt have a lot of bass, it has a good equilibrium between quality vs quantity. It can go into sub-bass very well, so you can hear most of the low end frequencies. It doesn't, though, have a boomy bass and great impact on it. Its enjoyable because you can ear the texture and you don't downside on the treble and mid-range.

Most of the monster bass IEMs, cheap ones, have a boomy bass and not enough clarity on the other ranges. So you will like the sound and sense, despite the less quantity, a most pleasuring sound with the phonak. Please take in mind that they tend to lower the sound a bit, because of the lower sensibility it has, due to being bass based. At my Sony A826 at maximum volume, its not loud enough, so i'm buying an Fiio E6 to take full advantage of the phonaks, as they seem to improve with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back