Are the Klipsch Image S4's truly big bang for it's value?
Jan 21, 2012 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sycho

100+ Head-Fier
I personally have the IEM (had to buy two, since my first one broke due to poor durability build), and to me, it has proven to be the supreme choice of headphones, especially for my budget, killing many popular headphones in quality, including Beats, the lower-ended Bose, and many Sennheiser headphones that range up to $200.

When I look at Cnet, they seem to praise the S4s quite a bit, giving them a ridiculously positive rating, whereas in this website, it seems as many people seem to look down on the S4s, and looking at the fact that the Headphone Buying Guide by keanex has not mentioned them, I really do question if they are recommendable.

Now I ask you, the community of Head-Fi, on your opinion if the headphones are actually worth the $80 you are paying, or if the IEM is beaten or sounds similar according to quality of the music by lower costing headphones.

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #3 of 8
I have them and agree with Watagump. They sound ok at best, lack clarity, bass is boomy. They do fit good (for me) and they are comfortable. They also do a fair job of isolation. For the money, there are better choices, such as Shure SE215.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #5 of 8
I'd pay around $50 for them. I heard bloated, overwhelming bass and sibilant treble in my experience. Granted, this is off of memory and I haven't used them in a while.

Comfy, small, low profile and good isolation though. The cable on my pair failed after a few months of use though.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #6 of 8
The Sony EX310( overall crisp clear, deep tight bass, detailed mids and fairly wide soundstage), EX510( more crisp clear with less bass quantity), Brainwavz M4( very detailed with good punchy bass)are better sounding in that price range.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #7 of 8
I wouldn't call them bad, but they're average at best IME. I would definitely not pay the retail for them as there are many other better options. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
I have them and agree with Watagump. They sound ok at best, lack clarity, bass is boomy. They do fit good (for me) and they are comfortable. They also do a fair job of isolation. For the money, there are better choices, such as Shure SE215.

Funny you mention the SE215, they were my upgrade path from the S4. They are better, but still going from those to the TF10 is night and day for overall sound quality. I paid about $50 for my S4's on ebay, and retail for the SE215 $105 or so out the door. While waiting for my TF10's to be swapped out, I had to use my S4's again, I didnt even want to listen to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back