Are the hi-fi 2000 galaxy cases really that cheap?
Aug 1, 2007 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

gates_2

500+ Head-Fier
$20-40 range? Am I reading the prices wrong?

GX 3481GX348€.23,9

that is like 24 euros right?

Also, anyone have a clue how much it they charge for milling out a front panel. I'll probably put in an inquiry, but before I go through the trouble of getting the details all worked out a general range would help me out tremendously.

Cheers

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by gates_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GX 3481GX348€.23,9

Also, anyone have a clue how much it they charge for milling out a front panel. I'll probably put in an inquiry, but before I go through the trouble of getting the details all worked out a general range would help me out tremendously.

Cheers

Yes, they are that cheap. Its not all aluminium though, the top and bottom are made from steel. I have two GX243 and Im going back for more
smily_headphones1.gif
Have no idea how much they charge for milling panels, but I know that some people here have had it done. I use Front Panel Express myself.

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by gates_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GX 348 1GX348 €.23,9

Cheers

I purchased 9 cases from them plus 5 custom millings on the 10mm panels, and custom 3mm cutouts and knobs to top it off.
Including shipping and very hefty FedEx taxes/charges and exchange rates it came out to about $1500 Canadian
eek.gif

A "normal" order should come out to a lot less. The custom work on a 10mm panel is 45 Euros each. It's all listed in their official webshop http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/index_l2.php

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #4 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I purchased 9 cases from them plus 5 custom millings on the 10mm panels, and custom 3mm cutouts and knobs to top it off.
Including shipping and very hefty FedEx taxes/charges and exchange rates it came out to about $1500 Canadian
eek.gif

A "normal" order should come out to a lot less. The custom work on a 10mm panel is 45 Euros each. It's all listed in their official webshop http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/index_l2.php

Got pics?
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #8 of 40
um... i sent in the order, but haven't heard anything...

Am I supposed to just send paypal to somewhere? Anxious to get the order done before the holiday.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #10 of 40
I hope you guys asked about shipping before you placed the orders. In my experience the shipping costs more than the cases. Last guy I talked to paid $30 a case and $40 (each) for shipping.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you guys asked about shipping before you placed the orders. In my experience the shipping costs more than the cases. Last guy I talked to paid $30 a case and $40 (each) for shipping.

Yeah, they charge an arm and a leg for shipping outside Europe. Thanks god I live there
smily_headphones1.gif
Going to be ordering at least 7 cases tomorrow I hope.

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #13 of 40
They were at least upfront when I asked about shipping and suggested that it would be in my best interests to order more than just a couple of cases. Unfortunately at the time I didn't feel like orchestrating anything like that.

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #14 of 40
haven't heard back from them yet. I think i'm gonna cancel my order and just stick with par metal. shipping was more than the cost of the cases themselves. It would be super neat if someone wanted to throw together a group buy, although the shipping costs from the organizer to the participants might not make it such a good idea....

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #15 of 40
I did some preliminary calcs on a group buy and honestly I just couldn't make the numbers work. And I would only rate the quality of their chassis as average. If you could get them with reasonable shipping costs they'd be a great deal but as it stands right now I'd much rather direct my $$ towards someone like Context Engineering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back