Are the HD800 available yet in Europe?
Jun 13, 2009 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 165

slackman

100+ Head-Fier
After reading many many reviews here on head-fi I've decided the HD800 are to be mine
smily_headphones1.gif

Sound like exactly the headphone I've been looking for. Lucky me they're beeing made now.

But.. are the HD800 available anywhere in Europe yet?

I've been searching but can't find them.
If not, does anybody know when they'll become available in Europe?
And will there be any places that get them before the rest? Where best to preorder?

Thanks for any replies.
Really can't wait to hear them, and allready sold my HD650.

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 165
Unfortunately, it'll have to be waiting list for you. There are many pre-orders that haven't received theirs with the first shipment.

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 165
Unfortunately many places over here seem yet to realise they exist, let alone sell them. I'm in no hurry but I have asked a reseller to call me when they are available. On the other hand, I might just get a K702 and call it quits.

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 165
Oh I've owned the K701 and I didn't like it at all. (k702 is thesame, just different color and the chord isn't fixed)
The usual, lack of bass and no dynamics / life to the music.
I liked the HD650 better, but it's too veiled and makes bad recordings sound good which is not what I want in my home studio.

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, it'll have to be waiting list for you. There are many pre-orders that haven't received theirs with the first shipment.

Do you know where they pre-ordered and what they're told when they will receive them?

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 165
Managed to find a few places that sell them.
But I have no idea wether these are authorised dealers that will actually receive the HD800 or if they're just shops that are unaware they need to sign a special contract and list the HD800 anyhow.
Found prices varying between 900 euro and 1100 euro. I bet the 1100 euro is the price from an authorized dealer and the 900 euro won't be able to deliver.
I'll give Sennheiser a call monday and see if they can give me a list of dealers that will be able to supply the HD800.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 165
Well, in the US we were able to order from Headroom and such. However, I don't think that they are allowed to deal outside the US.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #8 of 165
Quote:

Well, in the US we were able to order from Headroom and such. However, I don't think that they are allowed to deal outside the US.

Yes they are not allowed to sell outside the US.
People in the US get them first and cheaper
frown.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 165
USA USA USA!!!! Interesting, especially since they're made in Germany...

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #10 of 165
Usually the difference in prices between the US and EU is much bigger.
With many electronics 30% or so cheaper in the US. Sometimes even worse, back when the euro was worth twice as much a the dollar many things cost thesame in euro as they did in dollars
confused_face_2.gif

It isn't that bad this time with the HD800 luckily.
I don't really know why. It's not VAT related.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #11 of 165
When I was in Paris this last year, and London (I know, pounds), I was struck by how much more expensive things were. Especially food. Your cost of living is so high.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #12 of 165
Quote:

When I was in Paris this last year, and London (I know, pounds), I was struck by how much more expensive things were. Especially food. Your cost of living is so high.

Well, when I was in New York a few years back it struck me how bad the food was so that part I can live with
atsmile.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #13 of 165
Nope, as usual those living outside the US get the short end of the stick.
Even if the HD800 are manufactured in Germany. Go figure!

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #14 of 165
Yes prices in Europe (especially in France !) have always been higher, not just in Hi-Fi, and manufacturers wonder why we try to buy things outside Europe (no it's even more interresting with the euro / US $ change rate). Maybe if they had a price policy more faire...

Anyway, back to the topic, I e-mailed Sennheiser-France, they had no date of release, and no list of authorized dealers list either. This was yesterday.
All I know is the Sennheiser is listed on the German Sennheiser website, but I don't know about the availability there.

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #15 of 165
In March, April and May my local Senn reps were happy to keep us updated; now having been made fools of one too many times by Sennheiser Germany they flatly refuse to say anything. Seems to be the story from most places outside of the USA.
I theorise that Sennheiser has totally underestimated demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back