Are the Gibson Philips Fidelio X2 worth considering?
Jun 2, 2016 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Morph91

100+ Head-Fier
I had a pair of Fidelio X2 headphones a few months back. I ended up selling them on but now i have been considering buying them back. I've seen bad reviews lately on Amazon and some people are really not happy with the way the latest batch have been manufactured by a different company (Gibson) are they seriously that bad?

Thanks in advance

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Probably best to read and ask questions here since this is the primary thread for X2 discussion: http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2 I would imagine you could find some comparisons there and lots of discussion about this.

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 3
The Woox vs Gibson thing was way overblown. There were some changes in the manufacturing process, like the glued pads, but those actually started with the later Woox ones and only continued on with Gibson. First pair I bought had some QC issues, but they were Woox, not Gibson. AFAIK Gibson has gone back to non-glued pads with their latest batches after the uproar. If you're worried about it, get them somewhere with a good return policy, like Amazon, but I wouldn't worry too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back