Are the Fiio EX1 (DUNU Titan 1) hard to drive?
Mar 6, 2017 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ozyx

Head-Fier
Hello,

I am considering to buy the Fiio EX1, to be used mostly with my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S4 mini).

When used with my Creative Aurvana Live! I need to have my mobile at 90% and sometimes at 100% volume to get it as loud as I need it. The CAL! have Impedance of 32ohm and 103dB Sensitivity. The EX1 have Impedance of 16ohm and 90dB Sensitivity.

The low sensitivity worries me a bit. Would a mid-range phone be able to drive them comfortably?

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Any views on this? I initially assumed that IEMs can all be driven easier by a mobile device since they have much smaller drivers, but I want to be sure before I order.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Sorry to write a 3rd post, but I just found out that the EX1 are listed as having a sensitivity of 102dB. The 90dB is for the Dunu Titan 1.

This is confusing because from what I understood the Titan 1 and the EX1 are the same apart from the cable. Is the cable making such big difference in sensitivity, or are the two companies giving two very different numbers even though sensitivity is actually the same?

If it is indeed 102dB sensitivity and 16ohm, then my mobile should be able to drive them just fine. But are those numbers correct, because I've seen a review claiming that the EX1 was too quiet on an iPhone 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back