Are the E500's (rain) water resistant?
Aug 28, 2006 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fl00r

100+ Head-Fier
Can it do harm to wear them when it rains?

I've always used my ER4p's in the rain but they have a solid housing.

The E500's have a little split in their housing and I am afraid that it could do harm when a raindrop hits them.
redface.gif

Aug 28, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r
Can it do harm to wear them when it rains?

I've always used my ER4p's in the rain but they have a solid housing.

The E500's have a little split in their housing and I am afraid that it could do harm when a raindrop hits them.
redface.gif

A split in the housing? What's up with the build quality?! Could you possibly take a photo or something? How long have you had your E500 for? I hope this isn't another Super.fi 5Pro problem.

Aug 28, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
A split in the housing? What's up with the build quality?! Could you possibly take a photo or something? How long have you had your E500 for? I hope this isn't another Super.fi 5Pro problem.

You really know how to ease someones mind
frown.gif

They have just arrived. I tried to make a picture but it's dark at this side of the planet, will try to upload some pics tomorrow....

[edit] look at the last picture half way down this thread: http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191610

Aug 28, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 11
That's just the design. The shell is made of two pieces like the Super.Fi line, the UM2, and the E5.

A couple of sprinkles probably won't hurt anything, these things are built to withstand you sweating all over them, on the other hand, if it's pouring down rain I don't think it'd be the best idea to keep them in.

FWIW, I asked Sugarfried this same question about the E5 and he did not recommend using them in the rain.

Aug 28, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder

You haven't even seen the E500 pics, have you?

Like Jasper says, it's made like that.

Why would you even want to take it out in the rain? Would you let something like a $500 MP3 player or something get exposed in the rain? It's basically asking the same question.

Aug 29, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #7 of 11
Oh! That gap! My misunderstanding
blink.gif
I never thought you meant that gap. Even though I don't think the gap is that big, I wouldn't risk it either.

Aug 29, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #8 of 11
I wouldn't wear them if there was any significant rain but I've worn both my E5Cs and E500s in very light rain without any problems, a small drop or two doesn't hurt.

Aug 29, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #9 of 11
It's fine for my E5c (probably the same as E500)
as long as you DONT take it out!
When you do and water gets into the nozzle...
plainface.gif

Mine went silent for a couple of hours!
It's fine after it dried though

Aug 29, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
It's fine for my E5c (probably the same as E500)
as long as you DONT take it out!
When you do and water gets into the nozzle...
plainface.gif

Mine went silent for a couple of hours!
It's fine after it dried though

You just roll up a tiny piece of toilet paper and stick it in the tube and drain out the water when that happens.

Aug 29, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Why would you even want to take it out in the rain? Would you let something like a $500 MP3 player or something get exposed in the rain? It's basically asking the same question.

Is it ?
blink.gif

These are supposed to wear in your ear when you are on the go and therefore should have some resistance against all kinds of weather?

I guess you don't know anything about the unpredictable weather here in Holland
wink.gif

Thanks for the replies everybody, I will be careful and won't wear them under the shower (although I would love to)
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back