Are the DT48e 25 ohm version the best sounding of the bunch?
Mar 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #16 of 58
Heh, sorry. The DT48S were cheap though. $50 for 2. I'm still kicking myself for not buying them.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #17 of 58
Hey bubba, how do the lower ohm DT-48 sound straight out of a soundcard or iPod? Also, I know these dont have much bass power but is the bass extension good or do they roll off quickly?

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #18 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are using them for acoustics or Jazz, you will be very happy with them.

I will be using them mainly for small scale chamber music, maybe some jazz as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drosera, how much did you pay?

I paid 71 euros for them, which is apparently quite good. They are the version that comes with a mono plug (So is this actually the E-version? I'm starting to doubt now.
smile.gif
), so I'll have to reterminate them.

By the way, can anyone tell me if there's any difference between the versions with the onesided cable, and the ones with a twosided cable? (Probably not, but I have to ask.)

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #19 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be using them mainly for small scale chamber music, maybe some jazz as well.

I paid 71 euros for them, which is apparently quite good. They are the version that comes with a mono plug (So is this actually the E-version? I'm starting to doubt now.
smile.gif

By the way, can anyone tell me if there's any difference between the versions with the onesided cable, and the ones with a twosided cable? (Probably not, but I have to ask.)

I will find out soon.

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #21 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif

I'm not sure if there is a E mono version...maybe they were used for radio transmitters sessions. and the previous owner switch the plug to mono, but that's only my theory...need to check for more info.

I have the same issue with my E and S version.

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #23 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if there is a E mono version...maybe they were used for radio transmitters sessions. and the previous owner switch the plug to mono, but that's only my theory...need to check for more info.

I have the same issue with my E and S version.

My a version was mono, but the former owner changed it. Both my a and e 8 ohm has duel entry wiring with a 1/4 jack. The e 25 ohm is single ended and is terminated with a 1/8 connector.. The a and e 25 ohm version has a box for packaging. The 8 ohm version comes with special hard bound case to keep your 48s in there. I'm curious about the 200 ohm version. OHM adapters work very well with the 48s. I have a 120 ohm adapter, and will be getting a second one. 75 ohm. Also, my 48e is balanced with a 4 pin connection. so I might go that route.. Might have to sell my LCD/V1800 if I'm really up to it. Balanced amp, balanced DAC, and balanced CDP should blow my mind.

Mar 14, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #24 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My a version was mono, but the former owner changed it. Both my a and e 8 ohm has duel entry wiring with a 1/4 jack. The e 25 ohm is single ended and is terminated with a 1/8 connector.. The a and e 25 ohm version has a box for packaging. The 8 ohm version comes with special hard bound case to keep your 48s in there. I'm curious about the 200 ohm version. OHM adapters work very well with the 48s. I have a 120 ohm adapter, and will be getting a second one. 75 ohm. Also, my 48e is balanced with a 4 pin connection. so I might go that route.. Might have to sell my LCD/V1800 if I'm really up to it. Balanced amp, balanced DAC, and balanced CDP should blow my mind.

Looks like the E @ 25 single ended with a 1/8 connector it's the new model....if you have Beyerdynamic with big letters on the cup, it's the new models (for the last 20 years). The old models of the E and S have just Beyer with small letters on the cup. And my S came with silver metallic caps.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #25 of 58
Prefer the vintage.. I was talking to two sellers of their 48 e, but didn't seem to keen about shipping to the US. Not sure if they are the vintage make or not. The 48s seems cool. Wonder if they use the same transducer.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #26 of 58
Are there any differences (audio-wise) between the current production batch and older/vintage makes? Anyone out there that has tried both?

Also If I were to get one, would it be better to get a vintage or current make (new)? (factoring in price/sound etc.)

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #28 of 58
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

Ohh, I was eyeing those, especially at that price, but I was afraid shipping would be astronomical, but probably 30 euro at the most now that I've seen various shipping prices from Germany. I'll buy them off you for 20 euro more If you don't like them.
biggrin.gif

I THINK they might be the originals if they're mono. Don't take my word on it though.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #29 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And my S came with silver metallic caps.
biggrin.gif

You wouldn't happen to be the buyer of the two pairs of DT48Ss I posted here would you? If so, I hate you with a passion, because I was about to buy them, but decided to buy them the next day and they were gone.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #30 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smile.gif

Ohh, I was eyeing those, especially at that price, but I was afraid shipping would be astronomical, but probably 30 euro at the most now that I've seen various shipping prices from Germany. I'll buy them off you for 20 euro more If you don't like them.
biggrin.gif

I THINK they might be the originals if they're mono. Don't take my word on it though.[/QUOTE]
Check my DT48 design comparison thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back