Are the ATH M50s Bulky?
Dec 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 5
How are these headphones in terms of wearing them around your neck.... I know they are Studio Headphones.... but they sound so good that I want a pair for my music....

They're definitely not bad, though if you are using them as a portable set, the cable is an incredibly awkward length and gets a bit annoying.

Dec 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Okay Good And Yeah The Cord I'll Probably Do what this one guy did on another forum... which was braid it to about half the original length... and thanks I'd say this will be my next pair of headphones....

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Okay Good And Yeah The Cord I'll Probably Do what this one guy did on another forum... which was braid it to about half the original length... and thanks I'd say this will be my next pair of headphones....

I really liked the build on M50. The cups swivel well, so it should sit flat round your neck.

About braiding the cable, however, I saw what that photo too. I didn't want to say anything there, because the fellow was obviously proud of his work, but that's not good for the cable. Cable makers hold that permanent kinks can cause distortions in sound. Regardless, cables can also be worn down and break.

M50s is the straight cable version of M50. You can wrap the straight cable into a 3" circle and tie with a twisty or velcro. You can also shorten the cable, which is much easier to do with a straight cable.

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 5

I really liked the build on M50. The cups swivel well, so it should sit flat round your neck.

About braiding the cable, however, I saw what that photo too. I didn't want to say anything there, because the fellow was obviously proud of his work, but that's not good for the cable. Cable makers hold that permanent kinks can cause distortions in sound. Regardless, cables can also be worn down and break.

M50s is the straight cable version of M50. You can wrap the straight cable into a 3" circle and tie with a twisty or velcro. You can also shorten the cable, which is much easier to do with a straight cable.

Yea you can always snip the cable shorter and solder a connector on it. I have a pair of m50 and love them :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back