Are the ATH-M50s better than the Beyerdynamic DT-1350s?
May 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lofthanza

100+ Head-Fier
So I have been using the ATH-M50 for the last couple of months, and man, they are a great set of headphones.
Last week I decided to look for more portable cans, and also i looked for some upgrade in the sound quality. I went for the DT-1350 because of the very good reviews it's been having. I don't know what to blame. Do I blame the burning-in process? ( I just got them 4 hours ago) or do I blame the headphones themselves. Anyway, I find them inferior to the ATH-M50 in all the sound aspects. Do you think these can benefit from the burning-in process. I still remember being underwhelmed with the ATH-M50 in the first week.

May 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #2 of 16
What is the source and what sort of music do you listen to?
Sounds mostly like you're simply not used to the sound signature though. The "burning-in" needs to happen inside your head for the most part if you end up getting a headphone that's different in comparison to what you're used to listen to. Quality is one thing, but personal preferences can alter what you like by a good deal too.

May 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 16
I am listening to pretty much everything!
I feel the DT-1350s lack resolution and separation, they also feel congested and sound harsh, compared to the ATH-M50s at least.
Aren't they supposed to sound better than the ATH-M50s or am I wrong?

May 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 16
Really depends on the songs you're listening to. 

Use my m50s for pop, kpop, R&B, it keeps up well with pop rock too.

1350s for other genres. More accurate and layered sound.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #12 of 16
Glad you found it yourself. I experienced similar thing, out of the box its a bit harsh on treble and bass is there but not enough impact for me. After burn-in then every aspects start to reveal themselves. One thing that I notice the most is the bass quality and impact which you get after a proper burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back