Are TCtubes and VacuumTubes.com good places to buy quality NOS tubes?
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Strat-Mangler

100+ Head-Fier
VacuumTubes.com (not to be confused with VacuumTubes.net - different vendor) has some terrific prices but I'm wondering whether that is due to the merchandise possibly being of lesser quality such as selling used tubes as ANOS or exhibiting microphonics. TCtubes' prices are more in line with what I normally see but still wanted feedback before forking over my hard-earned dough.

Many thanks to whomever can provide feedback on those two or additional alternatives!

NOTE: Yes, I'm aware of Brent Jesse but his prices are more or less double what I see at most places so I'm looking for alternatives, if possible. :)

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 4
VacuumTubes.com (not to be confused with VacuumTubes.net - different vendor) has some terrific prices but I'm wondering whether that is due to the merchandise possibly being of lesser quality such as selling used tubes as ANOS or exhibiting microphonics. TCtubes' prices are more in line with what I normally see but still wanted feedback before forking over my hard-earned dough.

Many thanks to whomever can provide feedback on those two or additional alternatives!

NOTE: Yes, I'm aware of Brent Jesse but his prices are more or less double what I see at most places so I'm looking for alternatives, if possible. :)
Brent Jesse is the best

Vintagetubesevices - Andy also good

VacuumTubes.net has good rep with two people I know

The one thing to avoid is guys on ebay selling just a few that they claim are tested but have no results to back the claims

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 4
I will add: Nosvacuumtubes.net (Joshua), BullzTubez (Nova76: seller on Ebay), Beautiful working radios (igolioto: seller on Ebay), Langrex (U.K.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back