Are Sportapro drivers same as Portapro?
Feb 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

roark37

Head-Fier
Hi, does anyone know if the Sportapro has the exact same drivers and size as the Portapro?  I thought they were and if they are I assume that means that Sportapro drivers can be snapped out from the band and clicked in to the clips for the Koss KSC75 or also be clicked into the Parts Express headband.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I had read it is for the Portapro as those drivers can be exchanged with KSC75 but was not sure about Sportapro?  I have the KSC75 and did the Parts Express headband mod and likely will do the same with Sportapro if possible or use the old KSC75 clips if I don't like the headband the Sportapro comes with.  Thanks.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 5
I think they are the same. The Sportapro or Portapro driver enclosures will snap on the KSC75 ear hooks. I couldn't get the KSC75 driver enclosures to fit on the Portapro band, but they do fit on the Sportapro band.

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 5
PortaPro, SportaPro and KSC35 are all the same driver.  SportaPro cost less.

KSC75 are different drivers (titanium coating) but the clips fit.  However, I've found them to snap in a little looser with the SportaPro/PortaPro drivers.

With the cheap parts express band they snap in tight.  Its basically a plastic ball/socket design so if you snap them in and out a lot the ball starts to get worn down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back