Are Soul by Ludacris any good?
May 25, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 6
Soul is bassy too.
basshead.gif

May 25, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 6
If you're looking for a trendy, stylish headphone that sounds good, I'd recommend the Denon D400 Urban Ravers. They can be used without the onboard amp, and don't require batteries. Rather, you charge them via mini USB. They light up on either side with blue LED's and you can control volume, pause/play, and Siri all from the headphones. They also have a built in microphone. And the best part, they sound better than the souls.

May 25, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 6
I would find it hard to take anyone who walks around with lights on his head seriously. Craving attention would be putting it lightly. The Dennons might be good headphones though; I have no idea.
As for the original question, I have only briefly tried a part of the soul lineup a while back. The one that had noise cancelling was decent though way too bassy. Not worse or better than beats but just different. And they too had lights if that is your cup of tea

May 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 6
I would find it hard to take anyone who walks around with lights on his head seriously. Craving attention would be putting it lightly. The Dennons might be good headphones though; I have no idea.
As for the original question, I have only briefly tried a part of the soul lineup a while back. The one that had noise cancelling was decent though way too bassy. Not worse or better than beats but just different. And they too had lights if that is your cup of tea

Hey now, no need to get offensive. They have a passive mode where there are no lights at all. Also, I do find them to be very good for electronic music especially. As an around town headphone, they are great at isolating noise. One thing I failed to mention earlier is that I have tried the souls, I've had friends that had both the on ear and over ear versions and I found them to be "similar" in sound to the beats solo, not the studio. Not as bass heavy.

May 26, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 6
Woops, reading back that came out a bit wrong. I apologise.
I just had an image in my head of me talking to some guy with a headphone on that also serves as an ambulance light, blinking and flashing away :wink:
Of course the lights are much more subtle, both on the soul and on the denon. Personally I still think it is ugly, but of course you are welcome to disagree.

Same goes for the sound really.
OP, which model of the soul line-up are you considering? have you tried them on? If not, that would be the best way of finding out if you like them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back