Are Shure's worth considering over Etys ER6??
May 7, 2003 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Filipe

100+ Head-Fier
I was just about to place an order for a set of ER6 ($240 w/ an AirHead and shipping), but just came across the Shure headphones.

Are they similar to ER6? how do thet compare? (E2 or E1's?)
Is the ER6 worth the extra $, for portable use w/ an MD?

I'm in the UK and as far as I know I'll have to order from the US so the "30 day trial" or whatever is not really an easy possibility...

The only experience I has w/ canal hearphones was a set of modded koss plugs which frankly, sucked...

Cheers
Fil

May 8, 2003 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 6
I haven't heard the Shure. But I do have both the Koss plug and the Ety ER-6. I actually liked the Plug for what it was - cheap and easy to use. For that price you can live with the sound it produces.

But you do take a big step in sound (clarity etc) with the Er-6, so don't fear that you're wasting more - they're good. I use mine un-amped, but you will probabaly get even better results with the amp.

May 8, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 6
The Shure E1 is supposed to be very good. It doesn't look fashionable at all but the sound is supposed to be a lot better than the E2c which some people here consider as quite good also. The E5 - I'm kind of skeptical about the dual driver thing... and it's friggin expensive also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back