Are Shure SE535 still a good upgrade in 2020?
Feb 12, 2020 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DrStrangelove96

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

After 2 years with my trusty shure se215, i'm thinking of stepping up my game and give me a nice upgrade. I would like to remain in the IEM environment and I spotted the shure se535 for € 350. Reading here and there on reddit, however, I saw discordant options on the quality of those (excellent headphones but now outdated and too overpriced).

I therefore considered the Etymotic ER4XR (which however seem very uncomfortable) the Campfire Orion and the Moondrop Blessing (both, however, seem very difficult to find in Italy where I live).

I am still very undecided , what are the best options under € 400?

I state that i will mainly use them at home. I listen to various genres, mostly EDM (Future Bass and Vaporwave most of the time) but also rock, indie and rap.At this day I would use them mainly attached to the PC but I plan to create a dedicated ecosystem in the future.

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #2 of 5
Do not waste your money on Shure! For the price, there are tons of much better options, that also will block out much more external noise. I really can't believe they charge as much as they do for those things, definitely outdated.

Check out the Ibasso iT04, or the Fiio FH7....hybrid IEMs, which I'm in love with currently for the bass quality and treble sparkle..

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #3 of 5
i agree with R. I own the shure535. yes, it's comfortable to wear for extended time. warmer than Blon BL03 but detail retrieval and soundstage/tonality is just medicore at beat. for that amount of money, use any IEMs other than 535!

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Don't think the ER4XR is going to give you the bass you want for those genres. Another one to look in to would be the Audiosense AQ7, though you'd probably have to buy used to stay in budget.

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 5
LZ A7 for multi-genre playlists would cost 320$ (or less if on sale) off NiceNCK store on Ali. People from A7 thread say it can compete to Moondrop Blessings 2. A7 have custom nozzles and monitor/pop mode, I play with them a lot. Basically, neutral variation is sufficient for most of my music, sometimes I switch to one step more bassy to get additional rumble in electronic tracks. I am super happy with my Shure 215 upgrade
Безымянный.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back