Are Sennheiser cx380's Sport II my only option?
Jul 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TiRider

New Head-Fier
Thanks to sweating a lot I've ruined my Zune Premiums. They now sound horrible and need to be replaced. So I'm looking for some decent IEMs that can stand up to sweat/a little physical abuse. I'm looking to spend <$75.

Doing a little research seems the only "sports" IEMs mentioned are the cx380's. But I really like the price of RE2's. Will they hold up to a little sweat?

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 2
I hike a lot and get drenched and bike and get sweaty as well. So far the Apple Dual Drive IEMS have held up well with Comply t-100 tips. The tips need to be cleaned in a bit of peroxide regularly but are still going strong after about 40 outings. The Sony hybrid tips fall out after they get a bit sweaty. And the Apple tips sound like crap to me, so I don;'t use them.

The Apple IEMS can be found used for about $40 on ebay and new for $79 at Apple. I have a pair of Brainwave Betas coming based on ClieOS review and can't wait to try them.

The Apple cord is microphonic so I run that down under my shirt and it helps a lot, and of course you have to wipe that down after your workout.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back