are refurbished Hifiman safe to buy ?
Aug 29, 2023 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

JeffB1961

Previously known as BOOTYMONSTER
i'm considering the refurbished ananda stealth and the edition XS . i've found a few comments on the reliability of HM headphones and headband issues on the headband style used on the anandas and some of their other higher end headphones . is it just a few folks here and there or is it enough to reconsider putting money into HM phones ?
thanks , jeff

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 13
It's like everything else. There are people who experience failures and many others who keep them for many years without issue. If you've ever had a Hifiman, they feel somewhat cheap but they sound great. Refurbished is safe to buy direct from Hifiman, they still carry the same warranty and you can upgrade or return within 30 days.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 13
thanks . i wonder if a refurb could be less likely to have problems because it is gone over/repaired before being resold ?
if there was anything wrong to start with since they have their trade in policy ....
thanks again , jeff

Aug 29, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 13
I'm sure it's possible--let us know if you get a pair

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 13
which set did you get ?
how long did it take to receive them after you ordered ?
He-1000v2, got them like 2-3 days later. Only thing different than a retail pair is that it came in a plain cardboard box with everything in there.

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #8 of 13
I've bought a ton of Hifiman headphones for the business including refurbished from Hifiman and currently have the Edition XS, Ananda, and Ananda Stealth. They offer a full warranty and one time had a problem with an HE400se and they replaced it with a new one in a couple of days. The Edition XS headband is way to hard, the Ananda ski style is all day comfort. The imaging on the stealth version is better, and worth the extra over the original, especially for gaming. I've had almost every model including the Arya stealth and Audivina if you need a comparison of what it's like to use them daily for days or weeks.

PXL_20220928_093346461.jpg

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #9 of 13
thanks . i went with tygr 300r because i didn't wanna join paypal to purchase referbs from HM .
very happy with the tygr and glad so many here are happy with their HMs .

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #10 of 13
I purchased a HE1000se refurbished. First one, right driver died. Second one left 3.5mm connector kept cutting in and out. Customer service was very easy to deal with and they honored the warranty policy. But after the second one i requested a refund even though it was past the 30day window and they honored that. Maybe just unlucky, but that was my experience. Was unfortunate, when it worked before it died, was fantastic HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back