Are people this stupid?
Nov 8, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 37
That may be the saddest thing I have ever seen. I do not feel sorry for the people who actually bid that high on it.

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those bids are all the same guy, probably the same guy that made the auction.

Yeah, now I feel stupid for not having caught that until my second glance at the screen.

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 37
Quote:

Those bids are all the same guy, probably the same guy that made the auction.

Where do you see this
blink.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 37
Quote:

Click the "7 Bids" link next to History and it will show you a bunch of guys with extremely similar names.

Those names are private. The *** meaning they blocked out their full username.

Nov 8, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #10 of 37
Not actually as it's stated they will get a paper in big bold letters. It's not even in small fine print.

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #13 of 37
When I was growing up, I was taught that you should give value for value. The seller states what the high bidder will get, but the whole context is deceptive, as was the bidding. I can only hope the high bidder [can't really say "winner" here] realizes they have been shilled. The seller should be banned, but they will only come back under another name. If the people at eBay care, they just can not keep on top of this, no way. Cash flow rules.
frown.gif

Laz

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #14 of 37
You should have seen the listings before the iPhone came out. Yes, people definitely ARE this stupid. In fact, I regularly drive to work around several of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back