Are my KSC35's dying?
Aug 7, 2004 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

sgraphics

Head-Fier
The left speaker has a small rattle at low bass. And the higher volume, the bigger the rattle. Its not that big but it is noticable and disturbing. The bass or thump is not different but theres the added rattle. The right speaker is ok.

Sometimes I tend to push them really high volume wise. If you have any recommendations or explanations, do share.

Aug 7, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 19
I would choose a new KSC50 over a defective KSC35 anyway
plainface.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 19
i had this problem once.

remove the foam (carefully!) from your earpiece. the plastic piece protecting your driver is loose. a tiny but of glue in the right place should set it right.

hope that helps.

Aug 7, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 19
My koss 35 is dead so how can I claim the lifetime warranty?

Aug 7, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 19
The easiest way to replace KSC-35's is to find another headband that uses the same drivers (IE: sportapro's), and simply switch the drivers. That way, you won't get stuck with a pair of KSC-50's, and you'll still have new drivers.

Aug 7, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
My koss 35 is dead so how can I claim the lifetime warranty?

The warranty card that came with my PortaPro 2's says:
Quote:

... THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO THE INITIAL USER OR PURCHASER FOR ANY DEFECTS IN MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP SHALL BE THE OBLIGATION OF KOSS, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO EITHER REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE KOSS PRODUCT, OR REPAIR OR REPLACE THE NON-FUNCTIONING OR DEFECTIVE KOSS PRODUCT PROVIDED IT IS RETURNED TO KOSS IN SECURE PACKAGING TOGETHER WITH A CHECK FOR $6.00 TO OUR FACTORY AT 4129 N. PORT WASHINGTON AVE, MILWAUKEE, WI 53212...

Aug 7, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #10 of 19
i had a similar problem with my portapros... i thought they were shot, but i took off the foamies, and it turned out to be a strand of hair touching the driver... pulled the hair out and good as new.

Aug 7, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
i had this problem once.

remove the foam (carefully!) from your earpiece. the plastic piece protecting your driver is loose. a tiny but of glue in the right place should set it right.

hope that helps.

I opened them but everything seemed to be really tight and allright there.

I e-mailed KOSS international warranty and asked what my options are (repair, return, exchange) and where to get it done. Guess I should hear from them on Monday. I will then decide what do to next (maybe even try some glue a bit). I'll let you guys know.

Aug 9, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #13 of 19
Ok they said that I can send them to the states to checkup.

I dont know if its worth it... I mean another $10 for the shipping and I could end up with ksc-50... Thats like $46 for ksc-50 (worth 20$) although I have already had the 35's for over a year.
frown.gif

Aug 9, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #14 of 19
My experience with Koss is that they will replace the 35's with 50's. To remedy this problem i attempted to send them only the busted driver's to the 35's, but unfortunately they politely refused to replace it. I next bought a pair of 50's, and now whenever my 35 drivers get busted i just send them in with the case from 50's and get a new pair of drivers to to clip into the 35's. So roughly 30(for the 35's) + 12 for the 50's and you sort of have a lifetime warranty on the phones
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back